Developer: Robert Bowdidge
Current Version: 1.3.2
Last Updated: 12 months ago
Download Size: 6.9 MB - Download
SwitchList is a Mac program for automatically making lists of freight cars to switch on a model railroad. If you have a small model railroad or a shelf layout and want a switch list program that’s easy to set up and easy to use, try it out!
Switchlist's Best Features:
• Large print switch lists are easy to read, look handwritten, and look prototypical. Make your operators think you spent all night writing up switch lists!
• Graphical user interface for setting up and printing out switch lists. No more editing cryptic files and searching through a sea of checkboxes.
• Easy to adjust the available cargos for more realistic traffic flows. Adjusting operating sessions no longer means writing out a hundred new car cards!
• Not all cars have to move each session, so movements appear more random. No more repetitive, identical operating sessions.
• Allows realistic routing of different railroad’s empty freight cars to different staging yards. Empties leave in a realistic way.
• Assigns freight cars based on owner of car. A C&O boxcar won’t be used to haul cement locally for your California railroad.
• Define your own switchlist styles. If the built-in realistic switchlists don’t match your railroad, then just define your own. You can even generate custom switchlists that look like car cards and are swipeable on your iPhone or iPad!
• View switchlists on your iPad or iPhone. Save paper and work switchlists displayed on your phone, or check your layout state from your iPad.
* SwitchList now allows you to copy and paste freight cars, cargos, and other objects between layouts or copy them out as text.
* Fix a typo in Railroad Letterhead, and fix how cars at the last station are handled.
* Fix crash when reverting a changed layout.
* Fix use of Google-provided handwriting fonts in web interface.
* Provide example switchlist template that uses a larger font ("Enlarged Letterhead", found in "Custom Switchlist Examples" folder)
* Improve code for guessing industry and suggesting cargos. (in "Suggest Cargos… panel under reports).
Most Helpful Reviews
Amazing Program! - This application is fantastic! Having used other switchlist generators like "Shipit!", I was more than surprised that this program enabled me to be up and running my small bedroom sized shelf layout in under 15 minutes. Finally a switchlist generator that doesn't require hours of tinkering to get it to run right. I love the ability to view the switchlists on the iPad too! And it's free? Sheesh! I couldn't be happier!