Developer: Pierre Marandon
Current Version: 2.0.3
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 8.7 MB - Download
Subs Factory makes subtitling easier ! It is a powerful utility designed to perform the creation, modification and resynchronization of subtitles efficiently. Featuring advanced functions, it allows you to do whatever you want with your subtitles.
It mainly works with .srt files, but also allows to open some .sub files.
- Creation, deletion and modification of subtitles (text, duration, position,...).
- Very simple resynchronization by choosing two reference subtitles.
- Advanced search and replace function.
- Splitting and concatenation of subtitle files.
- On-the-fly subtitling-standards compliance checking (with modifiable settings).
- File encodings are handled.
- .sub files can be opened (subtitles indexed by image number).
- Transforming text files into subtitles.
- An user's manual is included.
New features :
- it is now possible to choose an encoding when exporting a .srt file,
- the encoding chosen while opening a file is now memorized,
- the encodings list is now much more comprehensive.
Bugs correction :
- markers are now correctly saved in project files,
- Subs Factory now correctly asks for saving when closing a project,
- minimum duration of a project without video is now ten seconds,
- palettes list is now always entirely unfolded,
- other minor bugs have been corrected.
Most Helpful Reviews
A Great Improvement - I've used the pre-App Store version now and then, and felt that it struck the right balance of powerful features and ease of use compared to other products. I was happy to support the developer when this app arrived on the App Store, but I didn't realize how many improvements had gone into the 2.0 release. The single window is more manageable than the multiple windows and pallets of previous releases and it's still customizable by showing just the parts that you need. The improved visual feedback on the timeline is great and the navigation controls are better than ever. I've been able to figure most things out without going to the documentation, but it's there if I need it and clearly walks you through many common uses. I suggested a minor feature addition to the developer and he added it into the next release.
Waste - Waste of money…!!! crach ! crash ! crash ! doesn’t work on mavericks ! doesn’t work on yosemite !! Bad support… !!! no one answer you !!! no one responsible ! don’t buy it !!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Getting There - A pretty good subtitle editor and synchronizer with a relatively easy to understand interface. Easily worth $8. It's missing a few features that would be helpful, but the developer appears to be open to suggestions for improvement, which is always a good sign. The program seems to work best with mp4 (or m4v) files, so I've found it easiest to convert movies to mp4 before feeding them to Subs Factory.