Developer: Chimp Studios LLC
Current Version: 3.8
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 43.1 MB - Download
Stock + is the most popular investment app for OS X. Designed to be easy to pick up for beginners while packing advanced tools for seasoned veterans, Stock + helps you know exactly what is going on with your portfolio.
The clear and concise welcome tutorial will help familiarize you with the powerful features that Stock + offers.
BROAD QUOTE SUPPORT
• Track international stocks from exchanges all around the world in their native currency
• Follow mutual funds and ETFs
• Keep up to date on Commodities
• Know the current exchange rates for Forex markets
SCROLLING TICKER TAPE
• Never miss a change with a desktop or menubar ticker
• Choose from one of the prebuilt ticker themes
• Adjust the speed and scrolling style of the ticker to meet your needs
• Scroll to what you are interested in with easy to use manual controls
• Pause the ticker to keep a handful of stocks in sight at all times
• Mouse over graphs to see historic data for a specific day or time
• Draw custom trend line.
• Coverage from 1 day to 5+ years.
• Create comparison graphs with ease, up to 5 symbols at once
• Expand the retina ready graphs to fill your entire screen.
• Easily visualize an entire watchlist.
• Sort heat maps by any metric shown in watchlist.
• View 1 Day Performance, Relative Volume, P/E, PEG, or Dividend Yield
BEAUTIFUL USER INTERFACE
• Retina ready
• Fullscreen enabled
• Designed exclusively for OS X
NOTIFICATION CENTER WIDGET
• See current prices in a compact Today widget. (requires 10.10 Yosemite)
HELP THAT IS HELPFUL
• Easy to understand welcome tutorial.
• Frequently Asked Questions just one click away.
• Responsive Developer that can be easily contacted.
•• Send us your suggestions for future updates! We are constantly updating this app and will be for a long long time!
•• If you have questions or problems concerning Stock + please contact us by visiting http://www.chimpstudios.com/contact.html
Stock + is a research tool. It cannot trade securities on your behalf. It is however a fantastic tool to keep an eye on the market.
We are thrilled to announce the inclusion of a brand new feature.
It is now easier than ever to batch import entire lists of symbols into the app.
A complete tutorial is available on our help site.
Fixes and Improvements to Charts
- Fixed an issue where entire chart area would be black
- Added more descriptive loading messages
We have more improvements on the way so stay tuned!
The Chimp Studios Team
Most Helpful Reviews
Nothing Fancy, Extremely Convenient - - Does exactly what it says it will do. - Menubar ticker is adjustable in size as well as scroll direction. - Nothing fancy. Solid, neat app.
Free Version Not Useful - The free version of the app is almost useless. They show the nice graph in the description, but that’s not available in the free version. You can easily get the exact same free info on several websites, and I do mean easily. I’m not paying $30 for the pro version without knowing that I like the app. I suspect it's not worth $30.
More Reviews for Current Version
DEFECTIVE - was using previous version this past year. soon as updated to new version BIG TIME LAG. slows down entire computer. cannot even use anymore…
Free Version Very Useful. - Ticker simple to customize. I use ticker in Menu Bar with a handful my favorite indices and securities. I watch ticker troughout the day on my desktops. Main page has very clean design with Heat Map or Chart plus details and list of customizable data like % gain, high, low, volume, etc. Chart of my chosen security or indices is a clean chart with sufficient timelines and it interactivity displays historical values as you hover cursor over date of interest. The chart does not display historical data like volume, RSI, etc. I can't compare stocks on one chart. Don’t know if you can compare charts with Stock + Pro? The heat map is extremely useful. I watch the heat map when I’m trading since some securities sometimes trend with or inversely with some selected heat map securities and indices. When I trade I like to use my online brokers tools on one desktop and Stock + on anothear desktop. Stock + is far supperior to about 6 other free apps I’ve tried.
Individual stocks will not refresh - Individual stocks won’t refresh. Indices will. Individual stocks won’t move into ticker either. If the stocks don’t refresh the app is worthless. I have e-mail twice with no help. Not worth 30 dollars.