Developer: Chimp Studios LLC
Current Version: 3.6.5
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 41.9 MB - Download
Stock + is the most popular investment app for OS X. Designed to be easy to pick up for beginners while packing advanced tools for seasoned veterans, Stock + helps you know exactly what is going on with your portfolio.
The clear and concise welcome tutorial will help familiarize you with the powerful features that Stock + offers.
BROAD QUOTE SUPPORT
• Track international stocks from exchanges all around the world in their native currency
• Follow mutual funds and ETFs
• Keep up to date on Commodities
• Know the current exchange rates for Forex markets
SCROLLING TICKER TAPE
• Never miss a change with a desktop or menubar ticker
• Choose from one of the prebuilt ticker themes
• Adjust the speed and scrolling style of the ticker to meet your needs
• Scroll to what you are interested in with easy to use manual controls
• Pause the ticker to keep a handful of stocks in sight at all times
• Mouse over graphs to see historic data for a specific day or time
• Draw custom trend line.
• Coverage from 1 day to 5+ years.
• Create comparison graphs with ease, up to 5 symbols at once
• Expand the retina ready graphs to fill your entire screen.
• Easily visualize an entire watchlist.
• Sort heat maps by any metric shown in watchlist.
• View 1 Day Performance, Relative Volume, P/E, PEG, or Dividend Yield
BEAUTIFUL USER INTERFACE
• Retina ready
• Fullscreen enabled
• Designed exclusively for OS X
NOTIFICATION CENTER WIDGET
• See current prices in a compact Today widget. (requires 10.10 Yosemite)
HELP THAT IS HELPFUL
• Easy to understand welcome tutorial.
• Frequently Asked Questions just one click away.
• Responsive Developer that can be easily contacted.
•• Send us your suggestions for future updates! We are constantly updating this app and will be for a long long time!
•• If you have questions or problems concerning Stock + please contact us by visiting http://www.chimpstudios.com/contact.html
Stock + is a research tool. It cannot trade securities on your behalf. It is however a fantastic tool to keep an eye on the market.
This combo update (includes both 3.6.4 and 3.6.5 changes) includes a fix for Today Widget labels being hard to read with the new light colored Notification Center. It also improves the speed at which data is refreshed when changing data providers for a symbol.
Most Helpful Reviews
Nothing Fancy, Extremely Convenient - - Does exactly what it says it will do. - Menubar ticker is adjustable in size as well as scroll direction. - Nothing fancy. Solid, neat app.
Version 3.0 is terrible - I liked the simple output of the older versions of stock+. Now we cannot see all the stocks on our list, but have to see a stupid heat map. There should be an option to do things the old way. Don’t upgrade to 3.0!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
Main advantage: Info without using accessing the internet - This is a highly malleable, versatile program that should suit the needs of many users. I frankly question whether a running ticker tape is still practical—at least not with the easy and quick accessibility of info in the hi-speed digital age. It’s mainly a decorative feature that some users may find “cool" on their computer screens. The data used by the program comes from Yahoo’s excellent finance pages—so if you were hoping for an alternative in the event Yahoo should terminate its extensive portfolio offerings, this may not be it. Otherwise, it may offer quicker access to Yahoo info than a laptop computer as well as more readable lay-outs than streaming Yahoo finance to a smartphone screen. Also, the program's heat-maps can’t be found on Yahoo pages, though they’re available to Schwab clients but without the provision to modify them to the degree allowed by this program.