Stock + Pro
Developer: Chimp Studios LLC
Current Version: 3.6.6
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 41.9 MB - Download
Stock + Pro is the most popular investment app for OS X. Designed to be easy to pick up for beginners while packing advanced tools for seasoned veterans, Stock + Pro helps you know exactly what is going on with your portfolio.
The clear and concise welcome tutorial will help familiarize you with the powerful features that Stock + Pro offers.
BROAD QUOTE SUPPORT
• Get realtime stock quotes for US equities
• Track international stocks from exchanges all around the world in their native currency
• Follow mutual funds and ETFs
• Keep up to date on Commodities
• Know the current exchange rates for Forex markets
• Enter # of shares owned
• Enter Total Cost of Shares
• View approximate Gain/Loss of Portfolio
• View Change of Portfolio Value Today
• View your allocation percentages with an interactive pie chart
SCROLLING TICKER TAPE
• Never miss a change with a desktop or menubar ticker
• Create your own ticker themes or use one of the prebuilt themes
• Adjust the speed and scrolling style of the ticker to meet your needs
• Scroll to what you are interested in with easy to use manual controls
• Pause the ticker to keep a handful of stocks in sight at all times
• Mouse over graphs to see historic data for a specific day or time
• Switch from a line graph to a bar or candlestick chart
• Draw Custom Trend Lines
• Add technical overlays including:
- Simple Moving Averages
- Exponential Moving Averages
- Bollinger Bands
- Parabolic SAR
• Coverage from 1 day to 5+ years.
• Create comparison graphs with ease, up to 5 symbols at once
• Expand the retina ready graphs to fill your entire screen.
• Easily visualize an entire watchlist.
• Sort heat maps by any metric shown in watchlist.
• View 1 Day Performance, Relative Volume, P/E, PEG, or Dividend Yield
BEAUTIFUL USER INTERFACE
• Retina ready
• Fullscreen enabled
• Designed exclusively for OS X
• Add RSS feeds to get the news that you care about.
• Reader style clean articles.
- Automatically strips out all ads, sidebar distractions, and lets you focus on the news content that matters to you.
• Quickly switch back to original news article.
• See what other investors are saying with the integrated StockTwits©
• Set customizable watch points on individual stocks.
• Monitor key metrics or overall stock price movement.
• Email, Notification, and/or sound alerts when watch point is triggered.
NOTIFICATION CENTER WIDGET
• See current prices in a compact Today widget. (requires 10.10 Yosemite)
HELP THAT IS HELPFUL
• Easy to understand welcome tutorial.
• Frequently Asked Questions just one click away.
• Responsive Developer that can be easily contacted.
•• Send us your suggestions for future updates! We are constantly updating this app and will be for a long long time!
•• If you have questions or problems concerning Stock + Pro please contact us by visiting http://www.chimpstudios.com/contact.html
Stock + Pro is a research tool. It cannot trade securities on your behalf. It is however a fantastic tool to keep an eye on the market.
This combo update includes 3.6.4, 3.6.5, and 3.6.6 and is recommended for all users.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- News Reader video still playing after window was closed.
- UI bug in Notification Today Widget where a label was mis-colored in macOS Sierra.
- new RSS feeds couldn't be added or edited.
- improved general app stability, please keep emailing crash reports to [email protected]
Thank you for all of the great feedback. If you have not already seen the first sneak peek of v4, you can view it on our blog, https://blog.chimpstudios.com/
The Chimp Studios Team
Most Helpful Reviews
Keeps improving - A very good App - I have now been using Stocks+ Pro since mid-December 2013, and I am very pleased with the progress of improvement (attention to detail) put forward by the developer. Based upon the progress of improvement, I rate this app (v2.4) now at 5 Stars. Back in December, I would have been inclined to rate the app with 3 Stars (more precisely, 3.5 Stars if allowed). Since my initial install, I have had numerous email exchanges with the developer wherein I offered specific recommendations. Updates 2.3 and now, 2.4 incorporated several of my recommends, along with others the developer already had on his To-do list. My experience with the developer has been that he’s very open & responsive to input, and where it made sense to him, he incorporated the change(s) in the next (or, would be in a future planned) update. As result, I now find Stocks+ Pro, as a stock research tool, to be an excellent value related to the price and features (particularly, the flexible views one can setup). I highly recommend this app as I anticipate the developer to continue improving Stock+ Pro. Note: Apple’s current rating system is limiting in reflecting how I’d like to rate. If I was rating based upon a 1 through 10 (10 the highest), I would rate this app currently at 8 as I anticipate forthcoming updates to eventually achieve at true 10 rating.
Not live quotes - This app is useless for any serious investor without live quotes. Until it gets live quotes it gets a 1/5
More Reviews for Current Version
Great app, but could use speed improvements - I tried many different apps. Most simply download a screen snapshot from Yahoo. This is the best one that I found that offered interactive charts. On the downside, the chart could be faster. E.g. select AAPL, it takes 1-2 seconds to get the data and draw the chart. That’s understandable. But then click on another stock and click on APPL again and it takes another 1-2 seconds. That’s not OK. It slows down the user interface considerably and discourages exploring different stocks. It does this even on the weeekend when there is no trading, so this is not about obtaining the most recent data. The app needs to cache. Another minor UI glitch: I never use “heat map” view. But if I delete a stock from the portfolio, the next auto-selected stock is then displayed in heat map mode. It should preserve my preferred view.
Spend Your Money Elsewhere - I rarely write reviews but was moved to write something to alert potential customers to look elsewhere. I wanted to love this software. I like the ticker and the unique options it has. But this software not only crashed my MacBook Pro, at one point, many of the stocks I was tracking disappeared from the database. When I asked Customer Service for help, their only response was "It works for me." When I wrote back telling them how unhelpful their response was and said that I didn't want to have to write a negative review, Andrew from Chimp Studios wrote back and said; "Go ahead and spread your discontent. I don’t really care. There are better customers out there." Wow. The software is vastly overpriced for what it does. Version 4 is supposed to fix a lot of negative customer comments, but there are far better software titles out there, and if nothing else, with Customer Service that won't give you the abhorrent response I received.