Starry Landscape Stacker
Developer: Ralph Hill
Current Version: 1.4.0
Last Updated: 30 days ago
Download Size: 2 MB - Download
Starry Landscape Stacker makes it possible to produce landscape photographs taken at night that have low-noise and stars rendered as points. It does this by compositing several images taken in rapid succession, shifting the sky as needed to align the stars.
- Added ability to make and use master flat-field frames.
- Better classification of light, dark and flat-field frames with fall back to manual classification.
- Better handling of pre-made masks, in particular a file saved from Starry Landscape Stacker with a mask can be used as a mask in a later invocation of Starry Landscape Stacker.
- More accurate alignment in a range of difficult cases.
- Faster alignment in general but particularly noticeable when when the time between images or total time between first and last image is large.
- Reduced memory usage during alignment.
- More thorough checking of input files for consistency and correctness.
- Better progress indication.
- Bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Amazing tool! - This program is excellent! It is easy to use and makes stacking, aligning, and blending multiple star shots a breeze. The result is far less noise and pinpoint stars if you take short exposures of the sky. I use a Nikon D800E and if I take 10 exposures each at ISO 6400, f/2.8, 14mm, for 10 seconds each, the result is pinpoint stars and much lower noise then I would have seen with a single ISO 3200 exposure of 25 or 30 seconds. This program respects your input images’ color space and bit depth, so you can import 16-bit TIFFs in the ProPhoto RGB color space and the result will be a 16-bit TIFF in ProPhoto RGB.