Developer: Intuitive Soup
Current Version: 1.4
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 371.3 KB - Download
Combine images effortlessly!
StarTych makes beautiful diptychs and triptychs from any pictures. With adjustable border sizes and colors, you can customize them to your heart's content. You can even save your favorite settings to a handy presets panel. Just want a nice border on a single image? StarTych does that too!
• a live preview of the diptych, triptych, or bordered image
• settings for both outer and inner border sizes
• border presets for both color and size
• horizontal and vertical diptychs and triptychs (automatically selected, but you can switch it if you want!)
• intuitive, simple design with drag-and-drop support
• added full screen support for Lion users
• removed the limit on maximum window size
• slightly tweaked the icon and the interface
New in Version 1.3
• significantly improved performance
• added persistence between launches
• tweaked the interface
Most Helpful Reviews
Simple application does exactly what I wanted - Wow - I've been looking for a decent and fast interface to make diptychs or triptychs (next version) for a while on the Mac. This is such a simple interface and the price is just right for what it does! The only nice edition would be if it would interface directly with Aperture/iPhoto rather than me having to export the photos and then dragging them into the StarTych window - but I'm certainly not complaining for the price! Thanks!
Not enough features to be worth $2.99 - I wish I had read more carefully about what this app could do before purchasing. You can only add three photos, switch from vertical to horizontal, and change border size/color. To be really functional there should be multiple layouts, options for more than 3 pictures, and most importantly the ability to resize or crop in the application. Don't buy this app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Cumbersome - One must start from stratch to change the order of the pictures. Please add the functionality to switch around the pictures with a click. Then it will be perfect. None of the limited export sizes and dorky frames as with the other programs. Pure usability, apart from the flaw I mentioned. Once that is fixed, this program will be perfect.