Developer: Michael Briscoe
Current Version: 2.3
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 42.2 MB - Download
Turn your computer into a Virtual Poltergeist with Spooked! Choose from six spooky characters that you tell what to say! Great for your Halloween Haunted House, or to spook your friends anytime of the year!
Using your computer's built-in microphone, Spooked can be activated by sound, a mouse-click, or pressing the spacebar. Suddenly materializing with a scream, speaking an ominous phrase, it gives fright to the unsuspecting!
Truly a, "Ghost in the Machine", Spooked stalks its victims, listening for any opportunity to scare!
- Choose from six different Spooks! Skull, Witch, Bat, Jack-o-Lantern, Alien, or Ghoul.
- Random spook option.
- Spooky flaming eyes option.
- Record up to five phrases per character with your own Spookified voice!
- Shuffle phrases, or play back in recorded order.
- Interactive Mimic Mode.
- Six Background Effects:
- Swirling Vortex!
- Flock of Bats!
- Crackling blaze of Fire!
- Dynamic Lightning with real thunder sounds!
- Skeletal Ghosts!
- Your own custom Photo!
- Three Activation Triggers:
- Click the screen!
- Keyboard control!
- Listen for any loud or sharp sounds!
- Scary Scream Effect!
- Optimized for macOS Sierra
- Fixed visual glitches with user interface.
- Fixed bug with lightning.
- Fixed visual glitches with Ghoul.
- Fixed Mimic Mode.
- Improved photo scaling.
- Improved full screen experience.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Halloween House Decoration! - I hooked a video projector to my MacBook Pro and aimed it at the inside of the sheer curtains in my living room. For sound, I placed a guitar amp behind the window screen and cranked up the volume. I had the sound-activation sensitivity set so it would respond to my door knocker or hand claps. For the voices, I did a web search for "scary halloween quotes" and used the family-friendly ones for my "script". From the outside, the creatures look like they were floating in the curtains. It attracted lots of trick-or-treaters and their parents, who all commented on the great presentation. I hope that the developer adds some new creatures and features to make next year's Halloween show even better!