Sparkle, Visual Web Design
Developer: River SRL
Current Version: 2.2.1
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Download Size: 26.8 MB - Download
If you thought building websites wasn’t for you, think again. Sparkle will change your mind. Sparkle is the intuitive site builder for your online portfolio, team or band pages, or business and client sites. Skip the tedium and design a gorgeous site that works right out of the box.
WITH SPARKLE YOU…
• Create landing pages in a matter of minutes. Test your ideas quickly.
• Focus your attention on content and layout.
• Quickly iterate on fully functional site designs.
Sparkle turns your design into a live site on the fly, no coding and no jargon. You don’t need to know about code or other web programming concepts: Sparkle makes sites happen.
CREATE MEDIA RICH SITES
• Quickly add galleries, video, audio, maps, social buttons, and downloadable files.
• Web fonts, retina graphics and delightful animations for stunning output quality.
• Visual contact form creation.
• Default wireframe look to share your site at any stage of construction.
Sparkle’s freeform layout means you’re never constrained by a rigid page structure or by templates.
FROM BIG PICTURE TO SMALL DETAILS
• Mobile device support via phone and tablet specific layouts.
• Live preview of your site on computers, tablets and phones, while you edit.
• Built-in incremental FTP to rapidly publish to any web host.
• Privacy and cookie law support.
Sparkle features cutting edge code and asset generation, ensuring your site will be high performance and compatible across a broad spectrum of web browsers.
• Familiar interface, fits right in on your Mac.
• Great integration with other apps, all content at your fingertips.
• Born on Mac OS X, optimized for Sierra.
• Backed by a product-focused company praised for its support and helpfulness.
The Sparkle Pro in-app purchase unlocks the full potential of Sparkle:
• publish to an unlimited number of websites
• publish an unlimited number of pages per website
• export to disk
• remove page watermarking
WHAT USERS SAY
“We used to create comps in Photoshop for developers. With Sparkle we have our sites up and running in hours rather than weeks.”
Hossein Farmani, Founder and Curator, The Lucie Awards, IPA - International Photography Awards
"We use Sparkle to create hundreds of quick landing pages to test our marketing strategies, Sparkle has saved us many hours of development time."
David Tera, Director of Marketing, IDA - Int'l Design Awards.
“I have tried out many different tools to create websites, but none of them can top Sparkle.”
Philip Amour, Product Designer
"Sparkle has been awesome. A real godsend. Truly fantastic.”
Sebastiaan de With, Graphic Designer
“When I discovered Sparkle it just blew my mind and I felt like dancing!”
Peter Bladskog, Photographer
"Sparkle is very much what I was looking for the last 10 years”
Daniel Schoeneck, Design Teacher, Bern University of the Arts
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at [email protected] or visit the support website sparkle.cx/support.html
• fixed Touch Bar related crashes
• fixed layout issues related to scroll locations and multiple devices
• fixed incorrect generation of robots.txt and sitemap.xml in some cases
• fixed links to downloadable files from pages in folders
• fixed menu text scaling with multi device documents
• fixed video in lightbox on iOS devices
• fixed text color of text inputs
• fixed crash when the sharing image is missing
• fixed scroll locations in hidden, sticky and wide boxes
• fixed links when source and destination are in the same folder
• fixed element rotation for elements entirely contained in non-rotated elements
Most Helpful Reviews
iWeb’s Spiritual Successor, With GREAT Customer Support! - I never write reviews, but I was compelled to for this app. This is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) design tool like iWeb was. It is super simple to design websites that look exactly how you want them to. My favorite feature is the ability to make your site reactive to the resizing of users browsers. This means without touching any HTML or CSS codes, you can have a dynamically flowing site that looks exactly the way you want it to regardless of if the client views your site windowed, maximized, on a square or wide monitor, or even a tablet or cell phone in either portrait or landscape. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles iWeb had, like easy blog feed, story, and archive pages, but as a purly visual design tool, it sets the bar high. It’s a young product, so I would expect more useful features to make their way in over time. I submitted a crash report, and within 20 minutes a rep had emailed me to address the crash. He took my site file, worked on it on his end, and sent it back in working condition. He promised me this update would fix my issue, but paid me this courtesy anyway. That is EXCELLENT customer service. I highly recommend novice site builders give this app a shot.
Come on? - I saw this was being offered free for a day. I downloaded and found that is a come on it seems. If you go to export a test site to see how it works you have to purchase the app. I am a bit surprised Apple allows this type of ‘offering.'
More Reviews for Current Version
Best web design software I have ever used - Very easy to use, with many nice features. I am not a graphic or web designer but this software makes it simple to have a proffesional looking design.Great work and I hope they keep adding features.
Great and getting better with every update - I took several courses on creating web sites and even learned how to write HTML. Everytime I needed to make a change I had to rewrite the HTML code to move a picture a couple of inches or change some of the text. I wanted a site that I could easily change and publish in minutes not days. When I tried Sparkle I was amazed at how easy it was to create and modify a beautiful web site without writing a single line of code. I’m never going back to coding!!