Sparkle, Visual Web Design
Developer: River SRL
Current Version: 2.2.3
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 26.8 MB - Download
If you thought building websites wasn’t for you, think again. Sparkle will change your mind. Sparkle is the intuitive site builder for your online portfolio, team or band pages, or business and client sites. Skip the tedium and design a gorgeous site that works right out of the box.
WITH SPARKLE YOU…
• Create landing pages in a matter of minutes. Test your ideas quickly.
• Focus your attention on content and layout.
• Quickly iterate on fully functional site designs.
Sparkle turns your design into a live site on the fly, no coding and no jargon. You don’t need to know about code or other web programming concepts: Sparkle makes sites happen.
CREATE MEDIA RICH SITES
• Quickly add galleries, video, audio, maps, social buttons, and downloadable files.
• Web fonts, retina graphics and delightful animations for stunning output quality.
• Visual contact form creation.
• Default wireframe look to share your site at any stage of construction.
Sparkle’s freeform layout means you’re never constrained by a rigid page structure or by templates.
FROM BIG PICTURE TO SMALL DETAILS
• Mobile device support via phone and tablet specific layouts.
• Live preview of your site on computers, tablets and phones, while you edit.
• Built-in incremental FTP to rapidly publish to any web host.
• Privacy and cookie law support.
Sparkle features cutting edge code and asset generation, ensuring your site will be high performance and compatible across a broad spectrum of web browsers.
• Familiar interface, fits right in on your Mac.
• Great integration with other apps, all content at your fingertips.
• Born on Mac OS X, optimized for Sierra.
• Backed by a product-focused company praised for its support and helpfulness.
The Sparkle Pro in-app purchase unlocks the full potential of Sparkle:
• publish to an unlimited number of websites
• publish an unlimited number of pages per website
• export to disk
• remove page watermarking
WHAT USERS SAY
“We used to create comps in Photoshop for developers. With Sparkle we have our sites up and running in hours rather than weeks.”
Hossein Farmani, Founder and Curator, The Lucie Awards, IPA - International Photography Awards
"We use Sparkle to create hundreds of quick landing pages to test our marketing strategies, Sparkle has saved us many hours of development time."
David Tera, Director of Marketing, IDA - Int'l Design Awards.
“I have tried out many different tools to create websites, but none of them can top Sparkle.”
Philip Amour, Product Designer
"Sparkle has been awesome. A real godsend. Truly fantastic.”
Sebastiaan de With, Graphic Designer
“When I discovered Sparkle it just blew my mind and I felt like dancing!”
Peter Bladskog, Photographer
"Sparkle is very much what I was looking for the last 10 years”
Daniel Schoeneck, Design Teacher, Bern University of the Arts
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at [email protected] or visit the support website sparkleapp.com/support.html
• verified functionality on High Sierra
• improved publishing setup
• improved compatibility of search engine and social metadata
• improved autoplay of background video on iOS
• improved Touch Bar rendition of border, rounding and shadow settings
• fixed access to Vimeo video search for some users
• fixed preview occasionally not showing images
• fixed Mavericks compatibility issues
• fixed Touch Bar related crashes
• fixed Facebook, twitter and maps placeholder images
• fixed layout issues related to scroll locations
• fixed copy/paste and duplication of locked elements
• fixed file downloads and contact forms for pages in folders
• fixed copy/paste across documents with different device configuration
• fixed click on cookie banner consent buttons scrolling the page
• fixed stick to top on IE/Edge
• fixed Touch Bar related crashes
• fixed layout issues related to scroll locations and multiple devices
• fixed incorrect generation of robots.txt and sitemap.xml in some cases
• fixed links to downloadable files from pages in folders
• fixed menu text scaling with multi device documents
• fixed video in lightbox on iOS devices
• fixed text color of text inputs
• fixed crash when the sharing image is missing
• fixed scroll locations in hidden, sticky and wide boxes
• fixed links when source and destination are in the same folder
• fixed element rotation for elements entirely contained in non-rotated elements
• added Touch Bar support within Sparkle
• added Touch Bar support for Sparkle-generated websites
• added support for Live Photos
• added robots.txt and sitemap.xml generation
• added support for website verification with search engines
• added metadata for website language indication
• added OpenGraph metadata for twitter/facebook/linkedin/pinterest sharing
• added option to exclude a page from publishing
• added the ability to send contact forms via authenticated SMTP
• added support for on click phone calling
• added support for publishing individual pages to folders
• added option of higher compression jpeg
• fixed mouse clicking and dragging glitches on some Macs
• fixed occasional crashes when publishing
• fixed stick to top with Chrome
• fixed preview limitations
Most Helpful Reviews
iWeb’s Spiritual Successor, With GREAT Customer Support! - I never write reviews, but I was compelled to for this app. This is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) design tool like iWeb was. It is super simple to design websites that look exactly how you want them to. My favorite feature is the ability to make your site reactive to the resizing of users browsers. This means without touching any HTML or CSS codes, you can have a dynamically flowing site that looks exactly the way you want it to regardless of if the client views your site windowed, maximized, on a square or wide monitor, or even a tablet or cell phone in either portrait or landscape. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles iWeb had, like easy blog feed, story, and archive pages, but as a purly visual design tool, it sets the bar high. It’s a young product, so I would expect more useful features to make their way in over time. I submitted a crash report, and within 20 minutes a rep had emailed me to address the crash. He took my site file, worked on it on his end, and sent it back in working condition. He promised me this update would fix my issue, but paid me this courtesy anyway. That is EXCELLENT customer service. I highly recommend novice site builders give this app a shot.
Come on? - I saw this was being offered free for a day. I downloaded and found that is a come on it seems. If you go to export a test site to see how it works you have to purchase the app. I am a bit surprised Apple allows this type of ‘offering.'
More Reviews for Current Version
Incredible tool! - Fantastic tool, well thought, well organized, well designed, with all kinds of built-in info on how to use it, works always, intuitive, incredible support. I love this program, not only because it does all I thought it would, but for all the things that I discovered it also can do. I put together a series of webs designed as platforms to deliver information within a framework that allows the users to understand how the information is organized and how and when to use it, and it worked like magic - I never worried about the program, it was just there, ready to do what I wanted it to do and more, allowing me to concentrate on the design of the webs. It is like driving a great car - you do not worry about the machine, you just enjoy the ride!
A Great Basic Web Dev App! - Sparkle is fast, and intuitive. Very easy to use, and mostly pretty powerful considering all things. Naturally, it does lack some more advanced features, but none being more noticeable than the very basic “full-screen background photo” ability being omitted from the program. Every other basic web editor and tool on the market allows this, it’s really the one feature keeping me from a 5 star review. Other than this frustratingly simple missing feature, Sparkle has everything else I need within reason. I hope it’s updated very soon to include this. I’ll update my review when/if it’s added. Until then, Sparkle is a great option, just don’t expect to be able to use photos as a background!
The Best - I have tried all the different apps and on line web design tools, and this is it! I published my first site on iWeb, and was in desperate search of an easy, intuititve web design and simply could not find one until Sparkle. The developer seems to be very on top of the app and support is great.
What do you need? - Compared to iWeb or Coffeecup html, which I worked with a long time ago, this has less abilities. I am not referring to the free version limitations as the pro version would be likewise. However, it does very well what it sets out to do. It is easy to layout basic website components and it is easy to understand without much practice. There are some things missing such as tables or better effects to objects that I would like to utilize. It has 3 star function but performs them 5 star well; I settled on 4 stars then, which is a good product. My dreamhost domain had some directory issues and incorrect server naming instructions which made initial upload fail but after those were corrected Sparkle published very quickly and very smoothly. The app did not make it easy to browse and find the correct upload directory therefore knowing exactly your server directories and settings is important. I do recommend this product for anyone who can not spend much time learning to use a website builder. I do not have any commercial needs in my website but I am just looking for a better and more featured publishing experience to keep up to speed for any such needs. If more features appear in future releases, I would definitely pay upgrade and 5 star recommend. UPDATE: I did pay upgrade to Sparkle One as a result of the developer’s response. The free downloadable templates on the Sparkle website proved very helpful beyond just filling them in; They provide creative concept as well as they teach how to use many of the settings properly. I do recommend supporting Sparkle and hope future updates will make it a solid 5-star product.
Easy, intuitive program. Superb support! - I looked for a long time for a program I could use to make a website. I tried the trial version of Sparkle and was immediately impressed with how intuitive and easy to use it is. I’m not a tech, and I stumbled on a couple things and emailed their support. The response was nearly immediate. My questions were quickly answered and problems solved. Very very pleased with both the app and the support.