Current Version: 2.6.2
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 4.7 MB - Download
Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. Use Soulver to play around with numbers, do "back of the envelope" calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
Annotate your numbers with words, so that they make sense to you. Soulver picks out the numbers and calculates your answer as you type. Do calculations over multiple lines, and refer to previous lines, much like a spreadsheet.
Soulver is great for adding things up, doing all kinds of percentages easily, and converting things, like currencies. It's quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator.
- A text editor for working stuff out & doing quick calculations.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages ("$120 - 10%", "30 as a % of 200")
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions ("10 USD in Euros, "22 feet in meters")
- Do calculations with stocks ("100 AAPL")
- Refer to previous lines using tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions.
- Support for calculations in binary & hex.
- Save your work & share it with the iPhone & iPad versions of Soulver.
- Export into PDF & HTML emailing.
- Support for Resume & Versions on Mac OS 10.7 Lion
2010 Mac Gem - MacWorld 4/5 Mice
2010 Mac OS X Ars Design Award: Runner up
“It reinvents the calculator, and in that process, I believe Acqualia have come up with a real piece of genius.” AppStorm
“Without a doubt the best digital calculator on the Apple platform.” SmokingApples
– Fixed a bug where a line could potentially fall out of alignment with its answer when wrapping.
– Fixed a bug that was causing occasional crashing in the background.
Most Helpful Reviews
Soulver Where Have You Been All My Life? - I recently heard about this on the podcast Build & Analyze and couldn't wait to download it. Marco suggested that if you open up your calculator at your computer more than once a month this tool is great. I couldn't agree more! The genius of this app is calculation with notes and no hassle. I think of it as a much more powerful calculator reimagined. One commenter suggested that you should just use numbers or excel. Those things can do everything and more (except maybe stock lookup and currency conversion), but they are way too fussy for these kinds of tasks. This tool flat out replaces calculator for me and steals away a lot of what I would use a spreadsheet for.
Lacks very basic calculator functionality - Looks nice but lacks most functions a standard physical calculator would have (ex binomial coefficient is missing). Site like wolphram alpha are much more comprehensive. Also reference appears in a silly sub window with small buttons and tiny text. There's no graphical way to enter functions and using the reference is very awkward.