SonicWall Mobile Connect
Developer: SonicWall Inc.
Current Version: 5.0.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 7.4 MB - Download
SonicWall Mobile Connect™ provides users full network-level access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections. The client provides anytime, anywhere access to critical applications such as email, virtual desktop sessions and other macOS applications.
SonicWall Mobile Connect is a free app, but requires a concurrent user license on one of the following SonicWall solutions in order to function properly:
• SonicWall Next-Generation Firewall appliances including the TZ, NSA, and SuperMassive running SonicOS 18.104.22.168 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 100 Series appliances, formerly called SonicWALL Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 7.5 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 1000 Series appliances, formerly called E-Class Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 10.7 or higher.
For more information on SonicWall Secure Mobile Access and Next-Generation Firewall solutions, please visit www.sonicwall.com.
• Fixed disconnect when SonicWall firewall appliances send 0.0.0.0 route
• Fixed secondary DNS suffixes for connections to SonicWall firewall appliances
• Fixed login to SonicWall firewall and SMA 100 series appliances with passwords containing "%" character
• Fixed "Remember Credentials" when policy is "At User Discretion" on SonicWall SMA 1000 series appliances
• Stability and security fixes
See the release notes on the SonicWall web site for more information.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Just Fine - Don’t let the bad ratings scare you! - This client works great, but you do have to set things up porperly. I had to go through a little learning curve, but got it to work fine. First of all, your SonicWall needs to have the latest formware, or at very least something within the last year or so. This is key. You can't expect a current version of a sensitive application like a VPN client to run with old firmware on the firewall? It goes against safe VPN concepts. * I had the issue with the client not disconnecting and had to reboot my older Mac, but once I updated formware on the firewall and configured the firewall porperly, the permanent disconnting error went a way. The other thing to know is that it uses “Search Domains” for DNS on the firewall side. Without proper configuration on the firewal side, nothing will resolve correctly over the VPN tunnel. This is by design. It works perfectly once you set up proper searches. The “How To” docs are ok, but not that easy to find unless you really know what to hunt for. I admit, I lamost gave up. But once I found what I was looking for, I got it configured pretty quickly and am now convinced it’s fairly decent VPN client!
If you want a VPN client doesn’t support DNS, this is for you. - Since upgrading to version 3.1.6, DNS does not work. I’ve tried to work with SonicWall support, but their suggestion was to use the netextender client. Prior to this version, the client worked great.
More Reviews for Current Version
Stopped working since upgrading to High Sierra - Worked seamlessly for years on my Mac Air running El Capitan. Upgraded to High Sierra and upgraded the App to the latest — and it simply won’t connect. “Timed out” time and again.
Doesn’t work - even with new OS and new SonicWall firmware - I recently setup SonicWall’s Global VPN client on several PCs at work and it works without issue. SonicWall Mobile Connect DOES NOT work on a Mac running High Sierra. The SonicWall box is running the latest firmware, and the VPN configuration is working with the Global VPN client. The Mobile Connect app v5 is junk.