SonicWall Mobile Connect
Developer: SonicWall Inc.
Current Version: 5.0.0
Last Updated: 2 days ago
Download Size: 7.4 MB - Download
SonicWall Mobile Connect™ provides users full network-level access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections. The client provides anytime, anywhere access to critical applications such as email, virtual desktop sessions and other macOS applications.
SonicWall Mobile Connect is a free app, but requires a concurrent user license on one of the following SonicWall solutions in order to function properly:
• SonicWall Next-Generation Firewall appliances including the TZ, NSA, and SuperMassive running SonicOS 18.104.22.168 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 100 Series appliances, formerly called SonicWALL Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 7.5 or higher.
• Secure Mobile Access (SMA) 1000 Series appliances, formerly called E-Class Secure Remote Access (SRA), running 10.7 or higher.
For more information on SonicWall Secure Mobile Access and Next-Generation Firewall solutions, please visit www.sonicwall.com.
• macOS High Sierra Compatibility – Mobile Connect is fully optimized for the latest release of macOS High Sierra.
• Network Extension Support – Mobile Connect now leverages Apple’s current VPN framework, called Network Extension, to allow for more reliable VPN connectivity on macOS devices. After upgrading to the 5.0 version, Mobile Connect may need to be re-provisioned, including updating VPN connection configurations and certificates (if applicable).
• Touch Bar Support – On supported MacBook Pros, the Touch Bar at the top of the Mac keyboard adapts to what you're doing and gives you intuitive shortcuts and app controls when you need them. Mobile Connect now supports Touch Bar for all supported Mac devices.
• Touch ID Support – Touch ID may be used as a seamless alternative to username and password authentication if allowed by the VPN server. Requires compatible server with configured Touch ID policy, as well as a Mac with a configured Touch ID sensor.
• Global HA Support – Mobile Connect contains updates for the global high availability and disaster recovery capabilities for VPN connections to SMA 1000 Series servers running 12.1 or newer firmware.
See the release notes on the SonicWall web site for more information.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Just Fine - Don’t let the bad ratings scare you! - This client works great, but you do have to set things up porperly. I had to go through a little learning curve, but got it to work fine. First of all, your SonicWall needs to have the latest formware, or at very least something within the last year or so. This is key. You can't expect a current version of a sensitive application like a VPN client to run with old firmware on the firewall? It goes against safe VPN concepts. * I had the issue with the client not disconnecting and had to reboot my older Mac, but once I updated formware on the firewall and configured the firewall porperly, the permanent disconnting error went a way. The other thing to know is that it uses “Search Domains” for DNS on the firewall side. Without proper configuration on the firewal side, nothing will resolve correctly over the VPN tunnel. This is by design. It works perfectly once you set up proper searches. The “How To” docs are ok, but not that easy to find unless you really know what to hunt for. I admit, I lamost gave up. But once I found what I was looking for, I got it configured pretty quickly and am now convinced it’s fairly decent VPN client!
If you want a VPN client doesn’t support DNS, this is for you. - Since upgrading to version 3.1.6, DNS does not work. I’ve tried to work with SonicWall support, but their suggestion was to use the netextender client. Prior to this version, the client worked great.