Sonic Dimension in Mixing by Greg Townley
Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 185.8 MB - Download
Greg Townley's mixing credits include films Sideways & Wedding Crashers, and artists Usher & Lil' Kim … Learn how Hollywood's Premiere Audio Engineer creates Sonic Space in his film and music mixes.
Some mixes sound flat and boring. Others give the illusion that you’ve been enveloped in a vast 3D universe where every sound and every track exists and flourishes in its very own sonic space. These are the mixes that really stand out from the crowd and capture our imagination.
Creating three dimensional soundscapes is what has made Greg Townley -Hollywood’s premiere mixer and sound designer- famous. In this wonderful tutorial, Sonic Dimension, Greg brings to macProVideo the first of several mixing tutorials explaining how he creates his incredible sonic masterpieces. He shows us his finely tuned techniques and explains how we can give our mixes the same sonic illusion complete with front to back, side to side and high and low dimensions.
Table of Contents:
1. Meet Greg Townley (01:47)
2. What is Sonic Dimension (02:26)
3. Setting up the Spaces (07:33)
4. Listen to the Music (01:41)
5. The Way, Way Back (04:20)
6. The Middle - Part 1 (03:58)
7. The Middle - Part 2 (03:49)
8. The Forefront (02:57)
9. Special Sounds (05:02)
10. Putting it all Together - Part 1 (06:03)
11. Putting it all Together - Part 2 (08:18)
12. Final Thoughts (03:31)
Greg Townley is one of Hollywood’s goto mixers for feature films, trailers, soundtracks and sessions. His feature film mixing credits include such hits as: Sideways, Wedding Crashers and Blackhawk Down. His session work includes artists like: Alicia Keys, Alanis Morissette, Usher, Lil’ Kim, Chris Isaacs and Liz Phair.
When someone as talented as Greg Townley shares the techniques that keep him on top of Hollywood’s “A List” it’s important for all of us to listen up and learn something! So sit back, watch and listen because we know that you’ll pick up a tip or two to give your mixes the musical magic of Sonic Dimension.
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.