Sonar Bookends Professional
Developer: Virginia Systems
Current Version: 2011.0.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 2.6 MB - Download
Any document with more than 30 pages should have an index. Besides making it easier for the reader to find things in your document, an index will also make your document look more professional.
Sonar Bookends Professional can generate an index automatically, making indexing a snap!
A document to be indexed can consist of one or more PDF files in a folder.
Sonar Bookends Professional can scan your document for subjects of sentences by parsing the English in your document, proper nouns (names of people, places, and things), find words and filter them by frequency (words that occur too often are eliminated automatically), or you can provide your own list of items to be indexed. Multiple lists an be combined into a single list. The list can be saved so that it can be used to make future indices.
Sonar Bookends Professional can:
* reverse first and last names in the list while taking into account titles and two word last names
* convert the list from single-level to multiple-level
* sort the list alphabetically while ignoring leading articles ("the", "a", "an", etc.)
* optionally allow you to select which occurrences of each item are to be indexed and which are to be ignored by showing you each occurrence in context
* automatically combine singular and plural versions of an item
The list can contain hidden Boolean operations for finding terms in a more advance manner. For example, you can find the page numbers for "Apple Pie" as long as it appears within 25 words of "cinnamon."
Once the word list is ready, the index can be produced in seconds. There are various formatting options for the index, including how, or if, consecutive page numbers are abbreviated, if there is an alphabetic title over each group of terms, if page numbers are to be prefixed by a chapter number, etc.
For those doing linguistic studies, the frequency of items in the word list can be provided, instead of the page numbers where the items appear.
THIS PRODUCT ONLY SUPPORTS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.