SomaFM Radio Player
SomaFM's official internet radio player (for OSX 10.6 and above) gives you access to over 20 channels of commercial-free, underground/alternative music, programmed by DJs who are passionate about their genres. We feature the best in electronica, ambient, indie pop, americana, world and more. Soma FM began streaming in 1999 and thrives thanks to the support of our listeners.
Our app allows you to:
- Sort channels by Popularity, Genre or just see your favorites
- See the name and artist of currently playing song and a history of songs played.
- Bookmark songs you like and purchase them later
- Get the latest news and happenings from SomaFM
- Listen in the background while you use other applications
- Listen to SomaFM without interrupting what you're doing in iTunes. For example, you can play an audiobook in iTunes while listening to music from the SomaFM player.
- Small bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Love the app, one flaw - I've been a supporter of SomaFM for years now. Listen to their stations, donate to keep the station afloat and have the app on every one of my devices. There's one very small thing that bothers me about the app that I doubt can really be fixed. The "pause" button isn't a pause at all. When you push the pause button to get up and go do something, the stream is not paused. This should basically be called a "mute" button, because that's all it really does. Since the stations are a live stream, you can't really pause the flow of the stream, so it just keeps going. So if you gotta get up to go do something and would like to come back and pick up right where you left off, you can't. Other than that, I absolutely give this app (on any platform) 5 stars. Thanks Rusty and SomaFM team.
bad music - cannot add other streams. The problem is, the built in streams are terrible if you like music.