Solitaire City™ (Deluxe)
Developer: Digital Smoke LLC
Current Version: 5.00
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 23.4 MB - Download
Solitaire City®, an iPhone fave, is now available for Mac! Compete against players from all around the world and see your name and scores in lights on real-time, daily, weekly and champions leaderboards that are automatically synchronized with a central server.
Numerous game rules offer over 60 solitaire variations, including 12 variations of the classic Solitaire found on Windows, also known as Klondike, Spider One, Two and Four Suits, FreeCell (7 variations), Klondike (12), Demon (4), Poker Squares (4), Pyramid (4), Cribbage Squares (3), Golf (4), Casket (2), Alternations (4), Eliminator (3), Yukon (3), Tri-Peaks (2), Double Klondike (3) and Spiderette One, Two and Four Suits.
- 60 Solitaire variations including Classic Solitaire/Patience
- Huge jumbo sized cards
- Impressive graphical effects
- Multiple detailed card designs
- Unique scoring system
- Online hi-score tables (play offline too)
- Fun sound effects and sound themes
- Interactive training system teaches you as you play (no more boring rules to read!)
- Create your own sound themes
- Enticing background graphics
- Use your own JPEG images as a background
- Unlimited undos
- Serious addiction
1) Six new fan games (Games menu / Fan Games) - Demon Fan, Three Shuffle and a Draw, Super Flower Garden, Shamrocks, La Belle Lucie and Fan.
Bug Fixes in v5.00:
1) Fixed a crash in FreeCell when moving a large column of cards with only one empty FreeCell.
2) The on/off state of the fireworks endings is now remembered correctly.
3) If you tried to start a new game from the hi-scores screen and the dialog box appeared that asked you whether you wanted training or not, the hi-scores scrolling cursor could appear making it difficult to click on a button.
4) Kings packed on Queens of the same suit couldn't be placed on an empty space in Yukon Rule 2.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent - Great Solitare, best one on the app store by far. The only one that feels like a mac app.......
Compared to the iPad version of this game... - … the Mac version is pathetic. Compared to many of the other full-featured solitaire games out there, this one is really lacking. It is also, annoyingly, full of the programmer's attempts to be cute and buddy-like. To which I say: leave me alone. I have enough buddies. I just want to play Solitaire.
More Reviews for Current Version
I love the game but hate what it does to my computer! - The game is awesome but it makes my computer noisy and the battery life goes down real fast. I will play this game with my computer plugged in and it is still noisy. It takes forever for the comupter to charge while playing also. The computer gets real hot during playing the game both on battery or plugged in.
Will Apple store fix this? - I have been playing this for quite sometime. Yesterday or the 11th the program stopped working. The error message was that the program was damaged, to delete and redownload from the Apple Store. Would be nice if that worked. I tried other options but I have not found a program I like. I am willing to pay for it again as I actually felt that I have had my money's worth of fun many times over, however, the Apple Store is not letting me purchase the program again…. Would love to see this fixed…
App suddenly not running - I even performed a reinstall anfd the same problem. Great rating when working……Do not buy until working
Just Stopped Working After Five Years I HAVE A SOLUTION - I have had this app and used it nearly every day since February 2011. I used it yesterday morning and when I logged into my computer to play this morning, I was first asked to log in with my Apple ID. After that I tried to pull up the app and received a message stating it wasn’t working and I shold remove it and then reinstall. I did this three time. On on occasion, I removed all folders left on my computer after deleting the app. This still didn’t work. I sent a message via the website to the developers and have heard nothing back from them. I then decided to explore the site and downloaded the free trial version. It seems in order to have full access to this game I am going to have to pay for it all over again. I did sent a second message to the developers regarding this and requesting the code to input and allow me to once again enjoy Solitaire City. I have still not heard back from them. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL OF THE GAME FORMTHEIR WEBSITE. IT RUNS FINE, JUST ISN’T THE FULL GAME. I AM TRYING TO GET THE DEVELOPERS TO PROVIDE PRODUCT KEYS TO UNLOCK THE FULL GAME SINCE THAT VERSION IS WORKING AND THE ONE I BOUGHT FIVE YEARS AGO IS NOT.
You can do better! - I love this game on my iphone and iPad, but the Mac version needs some serious work. My biggest complaint is that the cool custimization feature to add your own backgrounds crashes the program every time I try to do it. The whole thing is just not as slick and smooth as the smaller platforms.