Solar Walk - 3D Solar System Model, the Universe, trip to Space
Developer: Vito Technology Inc.
Current Version: 3.0.0
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 859.4 MB - Download
This 3D Solar System model enables you to navigate through space and time, observe all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structure, history of their exploration, points of interest and more. Use 3D mode to get a more realistic experience! And zoom out to view and spin the entire Galaxy!
*No In-App Purchases!*
WHAT EXPERTS SAY:
Solar Walk for Mac is a full-featured 3D solar system model that allows you to move between stars and planets with your mouse, zoom into check on the planets’ details and read accurate descriptions about them. You can zoom out to view the entire galaxy (well, at least through what’s known of this galaxy), see a planet’s inner structure and learn about its history of exploration. - Federico Viticci, MacStories
Solar Walk allows users to explore the Solar System, as well as the entire Milky Way Galaxy. Notable features include real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites, your current position marker, the biggest cities on the globe, and the points of interests on Mars, Venus, and the Moon. -Filip Truta, SoftPedia
• GALAXY view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option.
• SATELLITES - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites
• LOCATIONS - the biggest cities of the Earth, as well as sights of the Moon, Mars and Venus.
• MOVIES - explain basic physical phenomena
• 3D SOLAR SYSTEM model
• INFO about all planets: general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions.
• TIME MACHINE - slide the time scale and the sky will start moving accordingly. Tap year, month and time and change them depending on what you want to see, the display will adapt accordingly to show you how planets were aligned at that time.
Mind that to use the 3D mode you will need a pair of cyan-red 3D glasses. And, yes, we know that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, but by popular vote it has been added to the Solar System Model.
- Missions: Launch of Hubble, Repair of Hubble, Apollo11,17, Curiosity, Luna 17
- High Resolutions for Earth, Moon, Mars and Venus
- Bug fixes
- No In-App Purchases
Most Helpful Reviews
Discovered it again - I ran the current update today and the one thing that updates do is remind me I have it, so I ran it. It's been a while since I ran it last so cant say for sure what the update added but regardless I was once again reminded just how cool this app is. I just spent and hour exploring our solar system, I'm 45 years old and I still think it is really cool and this app present it in a great way. I have the trifecta, I have solar walk for my phone, ipad and mac but on my 27" screen it is the best. The one thing I would like to see added is some images of the rest of our galaxy, some of the deep space images from Hubble, or at least links to the images, I know they are easy enough to find but you don't alwasy think to look outside of the app while your exploring. This is money well spent, far less than the cost of a movie and has given many hours more entertainment.
Crashes - Up until the update, solar walk worked wonderfully, was very refined and easy to use, and was a useful learning tool for my astronomy class. However, since the update, solar walk simply opens, asks if i'd like to restore my windows, and then closes immediatley.
More Reviews for Current Version
Still does not work. - removed from my mac, rebooted and reinstalled…it still does not work...