Developer: Sharpened Productions
Current Version: 3.0
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 5.6 MB - Download
"Snap Converter is a breeze." - Mac AppStorm
"A fast, simple, drag-and-drop image converter." - Lifehacker
"Batch convert tons of image types with Snap Converter." - Cult Of Mac
"Stands out from the competition because of its great resizing options and file size optimization." - AddictiveTips
*** IMPORTANT: For Camera Raw types (*.arw, *.cr2, *.crw, *.dng, *.nef, *.mrw, *.orf, *.rw2), please see the camera model support information below. While Snap Converter supports most Camera Raw formats, some raws image formats specific to certain camera models may not be supported. ***
Snap Converter makes image and icon conversion easy. Just drag and drop to convert between many popular graphic formats. Convert bitmap graphics, Mac and Windows icons, Camera Raw images, Photoshop documents, and many other formats. You can even create multi-image Mac icon files from a single image.
Need to convert a lot of images? Snap Converter allow you to convert multiple images in batch mode. Just drag and drop a folder or multiple image files to convert all the images at once.
• Resize images by percentage, longest side, shortest side, absolute size, fixed width or height, or max width and height
• Preserve EXIF data and other image metadata for JPEG and TIFF output
• Add text and image watermarks
• Bulk rename files in batch mode
• Optimize PNG file size
• Adjust JPEG image quality
• Preserve color profiles
• Convert to sRGB for JPG, PNG, and TIFF output
• Process subfolders and preserve output directory structure
• Use batch mode copy option for extracting images from folders
• Output Mac OS X icon (.icns) files (512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 32x32, and 16x16)
Supported Image Formats
Read / Write
• JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpg)
• PNG (.png)
• BMP (.bmp)
• GIF (.gif)
• TIFF (.tif, .tiff)
• JPEG 2000 (.jp2, .jpx, .j2k)
• Mac OS X Icon (.icns)
• TARGA (.tga)
• Windows Icon (.ico)
• Windows Cursor (.cur)
• Portable Document Format (.pdf)
• Encapsulated PostScript (.eps)
• Photoshop Document (.psd)
• Adobe Raw (.dng) †
• Canon Raw (.crw) †
• Canon Raw 2 (.cr2) †
• Nikon Raw (.nef) †
• Minolta Raw (.mrw) †
• Sony Raw (.arw) †
• Olympus Raw (.orf) †
• Panasonic Raw (.rw2) †
† For Camera Raw formats, see the supported camera model information below
Supported Camera Models
• For Camera Raw types (.arw, .cr2, etc.), please view the following page to see if Snap Converter supports your camera model: https://www.snapconverter.com/file_types
*** Camera raw users: Please read the supported camera model information! ***
- Image conversion presets - save and load custom conversion settings
- Recently opened files now available in the File menu
- Convert multi-page PDF files
- Convert multi-page TIFF files
- Convert to TIFF now uses LZW lossless compression
- Convert to BMP now applies white background layer for transparent pixels
- Various bug fixes for recent macOS versions
Most Helpful Reviews
What more could you ask for? - It does what it says, and it does it well. It's simple. Files are coverted and resized. No flaws. What's not to like? For the price it can't be beat.
Waste of money - Doesn’t convert .nef files to jpg like it says it will do.
More Reviews for Current Version
Super Easy, Super Good - It’s a great app that does what it says it will, does the job quickly, and is totally dependable. Very fine software.
Completely Reliable Time-saver. - Extremely simple to use. Does what is supposed to do. No frills.
Great, Simple, Powerful - I used Snap Converter to batch convert HUNDREDS of NEF files to jpg. Couldn’t have been easier. Lots of output options, easy control of file locations, quality of output files were great. Highly recommended.
DOESN'T CONVERT RW2 FILES - CLEARY SAYS IT TAKES RW2 FILES AND IT DOESN'T GETTING A REFUND FROM APPLE!