Developer: TechSmith Corporation
Current Version: 4.1.5
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 93 MB - Download
Image and Video Screen Capture
TechSmith Snagit gives users the tools to communicate ideas visually, give feedback, and create shareable content. Users can effortlessly capture their screen and customize it using Snagit’s editing tools. Users can choose from a variety of callouts and stamps to communicate efficiently, in an engaging and impactful way. Users can also record their screen or webcam to create a quick tutorial, lesson, or demonstration. The content created is easily shareable with TechSmith Snagit’s wide array of outputs.
● New Snagit Editor
● Video Capture with Webcam
● Animated GIF
● Panoramic Capture
● Background Auto-fill and Magic Wand Select
● Shared Styles and Themes
• Added messaging about not sharing to YouTube if you don't have a YouTube channel set
• Fixed crash when cancelling during sign-in to YouTube
• Fixed crash when cancelling or closing Snagit while trying to sign-in to Google Drive
• Fixed issue where the last file location wasn't being remembered for Batch Export, Import Stamps and Save options
• Upgraded the Dropbox API which will require user sign in again
• Fixed issue where pasting images to MS Office documents from Outputs failed
• Improved reliability and responsiveness when sharing to Screencast.com
• Fixed issue causing Snagit not to appear in the Applications folder
• Fixed issue that would cause longer MP4 files not to playback in QuickTime Player
• Fixed issues where cropping couldn't be undone or cancelled
• Fixed issue where Finder didn't open after clicking on File Notifications
• Fixed issue preventing captures saved outside of Library from being shared
• Fixed issue requiring mouse movement to display Close button in Image Tray
• Made opening Outputs in Preferences faster
• Fixed crash that could occur during undo after resizing a text box
• Made web URLs in the Get Info view clickable
Most Helpful Reviews
Combined 5 tasks into one workflow - I use snagit to capture cat pics, code snippets, full scrolling web pages, tutorial gifs, and random screenshots. I take upwards of 20 screenshots daily for varying reasons, and everything is handled with SnagIt and uploaded to the free Screencast account. I can take a screencast video of a process and share the url to the packaged file within 10 seconds. SnagIt filled a hole I’ve been to fill for 3 years. THank you!
Frustrating Experience with Version 4 - After the highway robbery of TechSmith requiring payment for an upgrade from version 3. to version 4 after a new OS patch, I bought version 4. It did not download and install in the proper directory. Version 4 will not start. I cannot move it to the proper location. The upgrade of version 3 to version 4 was clearly not tested. I live with the Mac version of Snagit not having the full windows functionality. To live with a Mac version that does not install properly after paying the money is outrageous. If any other competitor existed, I would switch in a heartbeat.
More Reviews for Current Version
Easy Peasy - This screen capture and markup app has everything you could possibly want. It is extremely intuitive and so easy to use. I use it all the time to capture screen shots or show a friend the steps to do something in a program. Oh, and you can go back and edit your captures as it keeps them visuable at the bottom of your screen. I will not list the features here as it does exactally what it says it does.