Smartcast ULTRA HD for Samsung & LG TV
Developer: Pavel Kostka
Current Version: 1.4.0
Last Updated: 18 days ago
Download Size: 11.4 MB - Download
Wirelessly mirror your Mac screen & audio to Samsung and LG TV in **Ultra HD** quality.
Record what you mirror simultaneously to mp4 file and replay it later on.
All TVs from mid 2012 to the latest 2017 QLED are supported.
- 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (= UHD 4K) with frame rate ranging from 25 to 60 fps;
- Supreme video quality due to HW video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec);
- Session recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to mp4 file and replayed later;
- Multi-display support (choose which display you want to cast to your TV);
- Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (HW encoder support) (*);
- Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
- 5 fully customisable user profiles (customisable quality with bit rate up to [email protected] HD or up to [email protected] HD);
- Customisable lags (between what is shown on Mac and TV) for each profile;
- Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room);
- Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps;
- Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing;
- Displays current data transfer rate and used/free resources ratio;
- The app is free for transfers up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
Audio driver: http://bit.ly/SmartcastADrv
We currently support Samsung and LG, but the app shall work with most DLNA-compatible devices. If you help with a different TV brand, please send us an e-mail and we will try our best.
- By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install Smartcast audio driver (instructions provided in the app).
- You can define the lag but you can't go below certain value given by the TV, typically 1.5-3 secs, i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time gaming.
- Added a new (second) graphical user interface: Smartcast can be now used either as a windowed app or as a menu-bar-icon app (see the 2nd screenshot);
- Fixed a minor problem for LG LH590 series.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Nice App - I have had this app for quite some time. I use it to project to my 65” LG TV. It has worked flawlessly. Sound drivers have also installed without a hitch. The newest update has an issue, however, say what youu want about the app. I emailed the Developer, who responded within an hour and has been speaking to me back and forth trying to sort out the proble. I am sure he will figure it out. The app is great, but the author is even BETTER! As I told him, if all developers in the App Store were as responsive and help as he is, it would be a better place for all. Give this app a try if you need a Screen Mirroring app. You will like it! If you run into a problem, this guy will help you out without complaint!
Audio will not mirror to tv - So the app video works really well however, I cant get the audio to screen to the tv. I would like this issue or a refund
More Reviews for Current Version
Good App for Samsung - Okay earlier I thought this is a hoax but it is not. I had issue with restoring the full version aftery paying $10. In anycase if you run into issue of restoring license then follow the following steps: 1. Unistall / Delete the app. 2. Delete the package. 3. Back on App store download again 4. Once downloaded and installed (it should automatically install it) Go to Settings 5. Click on Full-Version IAP…. 6. You should see purchased in green. 7. if not try restore purchase.