Smartcast ULTRA HD for Samsung & LG TV
Developer: Pavel Kostka
Current Version: 1.3.6
Last Updated: 2 days ago
Download Size: 10.5 MB - Download
Wirelessly mirror your Mac screen & audio to Samsung and LG TV in **Ultra HD** quality.
Record what you mirror simultaneously to mp4 file and replay it later on.
All TVs from mid 2012 to the latest 2017 Samsung QLED & LG OLED HDR True Motion models are supported.
- 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (= UHD 4K) with frame rate ranging from 25 to 60 fps;
- Supreme video quality due to HW video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec);
- Session recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to mp4 file and replayed later;
- Multi-display support (choose which display you want to cast to your TV);
- Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (HW encoder support) (*);
- Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
- 5 fully customisable user profiles (customisable quality with bit rate up to [email protected] HD or up to [email protected] HD);
- Customisable lags (between what is shown on Mac and TV) for each profile;
- Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room);
- Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps;
- Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing;
- Displays current data transfer rate and used/free resources ratio;
- The app is free for transfers up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
Audio driver: http://bit.ly/SmartcastADrv
- By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install Smartcast audio driver (instructions provided in the app).
- You can define the lag but you can't go below certain value given by the TV, typically 1.5-3 secs, i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time gaming.
- Session recording: session, that is cast to TV, can be in parallel stored to an mp4 file and replayed later on;
- minor bug fixing.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Nice App - I have had this app for quite some time. I use it to project to my 65” LG TV. It has worked flawlessly. Sound drivers have also installed without a hitch. The newest update has an issue, however, say what youu want about the app. I emailed the Developer, who responded within an hour and has been speaking to me back and forth trying to sort out the proble. I am sure he will figure it out. The app is great, but the author is even BETTER! As I told him, if all developers in the App Store were as responsive and help as he is, it would be a better place for all. Give this app a try if you need a Screen Mirroring app. You will like it! If you run into a problem, this guy will help you out without complaint!
Audio will not mirror to tv - So the app video works really well however, I cant get the audio to screen to the tv. I would like this issue or a refund