Smartcast for Samsung & LG TV
Developer: Pavel Kostka
Current Version: 1.5.4
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 20.1 MB - Download
Wirelessly mirror your Mac screen & audio to Samsung and LG TV in **Ultra HD** quality.
Stream video files (two streaming modes) - locally seekable preview & video loop.
All TVs from mid 2012 to the latest 2017 QLED are supported.
- 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (= UHD 4K) with frame rate ranging from 25 to 60 fps;
- Supreme video quality due to HW video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec);
- Video-file streaming in 2 streaming modes (both allow video looping):
-- MPEG4 mode (MP4, MOV) with locally seekable preview (showing video as you drag slider);
-- Direct mode that allows to play any format that your TV supports (typically AVI, 3GPP, DIVX,FLV,MKV,..);
- Session recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to mp4 file and replayed later;
- Multi-display support (choose which display you want to cast to your TV);
- Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (HW encoder support) (*);
- Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
- 5 fully customisable user profiles (customisable quality with bit rate up to 60Mbit/[email protected] HD or up to [email protected] HD);
- Customisable lags (between what is shown on Mac and TV) for each profile;
- Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room);
- Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps;
- Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing;
- Displays current data transfer rate and used/free resources ratio;
- The app is free for transfers up to 3 minutes; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
Audio driver: http://bit.ly/SmartcastADrv
We currently support Samsung and LG, but the app shall work with most DLNA-compatible devices. If you help with a different TV brand, please send us an e-mail and we will try our best.
- By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install Smartcast audio driver (instructions provided in the app).
- You can define the lag but you can't go below certain value given by the TV, typically 1.5-3 secs, i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time gaming.
Fixed issue related to prevention of screensaver activation during active session.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Nice App - I have had this app for quite some time. I use it to project to my 65” LG TV. It has worked flawlessly. Sound drivers have also installed without a hitch. The newest update has an issue, however, say what youu want about the app. I emailed the Developer, who responded within an hour and has been speaking to me back and forth trying to sort out the proble. I am sure he will figure it out. The app is great, but the author is even BETTER! As I told him, if all developers in the App Store were as responsive and help as he is, it would be a better place for all. Give this app a try if you need a Screen Mirroring app. You will like it! If you run into a problem, this guy will help you out without complaint!
Not worth it - Waste of time. You still have to pay $9.99 for full version
More Reviews for Current Version
it works on LG TV correctly - thanks to providers. i purchased this software but i wish it would be a little chipper and support more television brands not only LG and SAMSUNG
DOES NOT WORK - DO NOT DOWNLOAD !!! I bought the in app purchase and my app has not worked in 1 month. I contacted them and they told me to go through apple for a refund…. apple would not give me the refund. So now I am out 10$ for an app that does not work.
sound and video are not in sync - paid for the dang thing only to find out that video and sound do not sync. there is also a lag. using a samsung smart tv.
Does not work - The free trial works, but then fails after you pay for the full version. I want my money back.
can’t get it to work - I was looking for a way to connect to my laptop without hdmi and this isn’t it for me. I went through all the instructions on IP addresses blah, blah, blah with no luck and after 30 minutes am giving up. I’m not a tech but I’m not an idiot either so I blame the setup and instructions. I’ll go back to hdmi.