Smartcam - Audio Video Surveillance
Developer: Naboo BV
Current Version: 1.5.1
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 4.5 MB - Download
iVigilo Smartcam allows Mac owners to use their computer as a high quality IP camera with advanced motion and face detection capabilities (a built-in or compatible USB camera is required). By entering the IP address of the camera into a web browser, the live camera feed can be viewed on any computer or mobile device, worldwide. Featuring the latest motion and face detection technologies, the app offers a sophisticated home or office security system, which can be set to email an alert when a motion or face is detected.
iVigilo Smartcam is one of the world's first expandable, Mac based, camera control systems. It brings the functionality of expensive standalone and fixed camera security systems to the Mac. This opens up completely new possibilities for both home and office security, safeguarding a Mac and its surroundings when not being used, or simply saving snapshots of the machine's users in a daily archive.
iVigilo Smartcam uses the latest motion and face detection technologies to analyze the camera signal from the camera in the Mac computer. The motion sensitivity level can be configured for specific situations. Once a motion or face is detected, an alert can be sent via email.
* Turns the built-in or attached external camera's of a Mac into a high quality IP MJPEG web camera
* Works with up to 3 external Mac compatible USB cameras
* Set the video stream at one of several different levels of quality
* Integrated, UPnP port-forwarding to automatically program the router
* Optional user ID and password settings for the admin and user's camera web pages
* Integrated web server for streaming the Mac's built-in or USB camera signal via the Internet
* Works on local networks and on external 3G/Wi-Fi networks
* Built-in, advanced, motion detection routines
* Once a motion is detected, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac computer
* Motion sensitivity can be set by the user
* Newest, built-in, face detection routines
* Once a face is identified, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac
* On motion and/or face detection an alert with key frame, still picture is generated
* Alerts can be sent via email to multiple, predefined recipients
* Alert frequency is configurable by the user
* Alert motion events can be recorded as a sequence of still images over time
* Chronological alert history with detailed information per event is automatically generated and stored on the computer
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X features a built-in web server, which is used to stream the Mac camera signal over the Internet. By typing in the IP address of the Mac running the app, any browser will be able to display the live video picture anywhere in the world. Many functions of iVigilo Smartcam can be easily accessed, remotely, from the administrator section of the Smartcam website.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X builds on the global success of the #1 camera security app for iPhone and iPad, iVigilo Smartcam for iOS, and features a similar functionality and user interface. iVigilo Smartcam for OS X is the latest addition to the iVigilo range of multimedia apps from Naboo.
"With the introduction of iVigilo Smartcam for OS X, we now offer Mac owners the same world-class, security technology as available in our iOS Smartcam app," stated Leon Klinkers of Naboo. "No other software application for Mac can offer the features and advanced capabilities of Smartcam for OS X."
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* Built-in or Mac compatible USB video camera
* 20 MB of free harddisk space
* Internet connection required for IP video streaming
Fixed bug which prevented some external camera's to function properly.
Most Helpful Reviews
Does Almost All of What I Want - I decided to string a length of USB cable and attach my Webcam to my windowsill to show the action at my bird feeder. I wanted my wife to be able to watch, too, on her own Mac. Smartcam offered a video link via our local network which worked perfectly. I haven’t been able to get audio — although the camera has a microphone — despite the fact that the program is billed as offering audio as well as video. I give it four out of five stars because basically I’m quite happy with it. The lack of audio is no big deal.
still garbage - it had been 2 years since a review and at least one update to the software in that time, so i went ahead and bought this to try it out. may as well have thrown my $4 directly into the garbage. i just installed it and it crashes almost immediately. iVigilio should be sued for leaving this junk up for sale. Don’t be a rube like me, keep looking for what you need!
More Reviews for Current Version
Crashes / Couldn’t sign into support forum - The app was a huge waste of time. Crashed immediately when "starting camera”. I failed repeatedly to sign in to support forum. It’s a nice layout, but I don’t have time for it.
TOTAL GARBAGE - Doesn’t work at ALL. The app just quits when using certain selections. THIS APP SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE APP STORE AND ALL PURCHASES REFUNDED!!
Still broken - Just like the other recent reviews, the app crashes when trying to select a source. Worthless.