Current Version: 2.2.3
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 3.7 MB - Download
Slender is one of those rare tools that fits neatly between development and design. Slender will scan your Xcode or Web projects and provide information on how image assets are being used. Exposing retina issues, unused assets, wasted space, and designer mistakes.
• Scan hundreds of file types for iPhone, iPad, Universal, Web, and Image projects.
• See how assets are being used whether static, dynamic, of fuzzy.
• Find warnings and errors on images including retina problems.
• Detection of duplicate images by filename or content.
• Quickly see what is taking up space in your project.
• Advanced image compression techniques.
• Automated removal of unused assets.
• Version Control friendly.
• Real time searching and filtering.
• Multiple project support with per source file information.
• Automatic detection and handling of embedded projects.
• Full support for Xcode Workspaces.
• Generate beautiful PDF reports on asset errors to share with your team.
- FIXED: Unlink button operations
- IMPROVED: PDF report sizes.
- FIXED: Two known crashes.
- Various other bugs addressed.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very nice, but needs a little more - Very helpful app. Just a couple things I wish it did. It seems to look for resources by scanning the folder that the project is in, rather than by what is linked in the project. So, it won't find assets that are included in the project, but stored in a different folder. Also, it finds xcode projects in the folder hierarchy that are not included in the selected xcode project. It does not find image references in the code when the image name is a variable. I know this is probably impossible to do without compiling, but oftentimes you will have a custom method that inits images with a passed name. Cocos2d, for example, creates sprites with a method taking name string. Thus any images references made by its method spriteWithFile:(NSString *)filename will not be found. Maybe there could be a user-maintained list of image-creating methods that should be included when the app is searching.
Nearly Useless - Claims that almost every piece of artwork in my project is not referenced, making it nearly useless.