Developer: Slack Technologies, Inc.
Current Version: 2.6.2
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 71.1 MB - Download
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• Unexplainably, context menus and spell-check stopped working in some teams. OK: we have an explanation but we'd rather not discuss it. It's embarrassing. Rest easy knowing that it's fixed here.
• We found – and cast out – the culprit behind high resource usage while the app's sitting idle.
Most Helpful Reviews
Life-changing for teams - We’ve tried everything. Skype. iMessages. Dropbox documents. Trello. HipChat. You name it. Everything. Slack is the first application we’ve used that actually works the way we want, as a team of creative people (slaes, marketing, video creators and developers). We can paste text snippets, add links, attach files, create new channels (and invite members into them). The desktop app, web app and the iOS app work perfectly together for when we are at our desks or on-the-go. Slack is amazing. I cannot imagine going back to anything else. If you have a team of people who actually need to communicate in a meaningful way, forget everything else, this is the solution.
Hybrid Crap - This is nothing more than their website wrapped in an app chrome. This is not a native app and therefore it exhibits all the horrible behavior of a web site. Weird, sticky menus, non-standard shortcuts, lack of integration with system services, etc. Get serious and create a proper native app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Battery killer - More then 10X the energy impact of the next largest app used on my MacBook. There’s no reason why a communications client should have a larger energy impact then all other apps.
Slack service is great, app is a battery hog - Even when “idle” slack has a large impact on my battery life. On my system it rivals VMWare (running an entire windows VM for energy usage.
Battery hog - I was noticing my battery was draining like crazy. Did not take long to find the culprit. This thing is unusable on a laptop. Don't know if they are using Chrome engine to render or what but they need to re-write this.
Force Quitting - I love you guys!!! However, whenever I drag any files: ie pics, screencaps, etc… into my Slack lately, it force quits! Whaaaaaaaat!
Good App 𝘚𝘶𝘣𝘩𝘢𝘫𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 - 𝘚𝘶𝘣𝘩𝘢𝘫𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨