Developer: Slack Technologies, Inc.
Current Version: 2.6.0
Last Updated: 20 days ago
Download Size: 69.6 MB - Download
Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• We revamped video calls, making the experience more intuitive, and more attractive. As a bonus, they're more resource efficient and now let you change audio devices during a call. If that's the kind of thing you need to do.
• We paved over a series of potholes that were strewn about the app, making crashes far less likely.
• Should you ever wish to say goodbye to one of your teams, a right-click > Remove from the sidebar will do the trick now more reliably than before.
• Switching teams using the numbered shortcuts is noticeably faster. We would say "37%" if we were forced to put a number on it. Fortunately, we aren't, and we won't.
• Opening a context menu won't freeze videos or gifs playing in the app.
• We dusted off the cobwebs in the app menu and composted a few menu items that weren't useful when signed into one team.
• The default window size is a smidgen larger. You won't notice, because your window will keep being the same size it's always been. That's just the way it is, and we don't want it to change.
• Our spellchecker would occasionally mark correctly spelled words as incorrect. It had ONE job. It now performs it.
Most Helpful Reviews
Life-changing for teams - We’ve tried everything. Skype. iMessages. Dropbox documents. Trello. HipChat. You name it. Everything. Slack is the first application we’ve used that actually works the way we want, as a team of creative people (slaes, marketing, video creators and developers). We can paste text snippets, add links, attach files, create new channels (and invite members into them). The desktop app, web app and the iOS app work perfectly together for when we are at our desks or on-the-go. Slack is amazing. I cannot imagine going back to anything else. If you have a team of people who actually need to communicate in a meaningful way, forget everything else, this is the solution.
Hybrid Crap - This is nothing more than their website wrapped in an app chrome. This is not a native app and therefore it exhibits all the horrible behavior of a web site. Weird, sticky menus, non-standard shortcuts, lack of integration with system services, etc. Get serious and create a proper native app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Battery drain issues with current update - Slack for MacOS has had some issues in the past but the performance and stability has generally improved over time. However that seems to have changed with this update, after updating Slack has become the my Mac’s number one battery drainer. This seems really unreasonable, especially considering it’s just a chat app and I’m running it alongside much heaver programs like IntelliJ.
Needs VoiceOver support - How can in 2017 no one think of accessibility?! It really lacks VoiceOver support. As a blind person, it is extremely aggravating.
So much fun! - While I did have to get used to the interface AND get other people to join/get on board, it has truly brought my messaging and communications to a whole new level. A group of us are trying to do a weight loss GAME and using slack has made it possible to chat with each other as a group, or our individual teams, or straight up just about food. It organized our communication. Plus the GIFs are a fun way to add emotion. :D
File uploading broken in new version - App hangs every time I drag a file onto the app.