Developer: Bohemian Coding
Current Version: 3.4.2
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 21.2 MB - Download
Sketch: graphic design for a digital world. Powerful tools and an elegant interface, in a single award-winning package. Because making beautiful things should be a joy, not a burden.
Sketch supports multiple fills, borders and shadows per layer; has powerful non-destructive boolean operations; smart pixel alignment; and makes exporting a breeze with automatic slicing and multiple resolution export.
Vector tools and basic shapes are the foundation; whether you are designing icons, websites, interfaces or anything else. Combine these into complex shapes with non-destructive boolean operations, leaving you free to edit them in the future, then apply advanced layer style options like multiple shadows, fills, gradients, noise, blending, background blurring, and more.
Sketch doesn't just do shapes, of course. Imported images can be rotated, scaled, cropped and masked. The best-in-class text tool lets you add beautiful typography to your designs, using native font rendering, so you can be sure that text always looks 100% accurate!
Brand new to Sketch 3, Symbols allow you to reuse entire groups of content in multiple places in your design. Think of interface elements such as buttons, headers and footers. Change them once, and they update everywhere in your document.
Built for the Mac, Sketch supports OS X’s Versions and Auto Save, letting you focus on your work instead of hitting CMD+S. Keep your work safely in sync across multiple Mac computers with iCloud. And take Sketch full screen to maximise the size of your canvas.
All this power is deliciously baked into Sketch’s single-window interface. Everything is there, tucked away until you need it. A simple interface with powerful tools.
Now everything is possible.
-- Winner of an Apple Design Award and amongst the App Store's ‘Best of 2012 --
NEW IN VERSION 3:
- Symbols, for reusing elements in your design
- Text Styles and Layer Styles, redesigned and unified for a better experience
- Redesigned inspector, giving you quicker access to everything
- Automatic Slices, export layers directly, without needing to set up manual slices
- Export multiple resolutions from a single slice, at any scale
- Improved PDF, EPS and SVG importing and exporting
- Speed, bug fixes and polish all around
- Presentation Mode, go full screen and hide all controls, perfect for showing off designs
- Improved bitmap editing with Magic Wand, Crop, Invert and Vectorize tools
- Simple but powerful interface, built from the ground up for OS X
- Optimized for Retina and non-Retina displays
- Powerful styling: multiple shadows, multiple fills, gradients, blending, blur, noise and more...
- Flexible boolean operations to combine simple shapes into complex shapes
- Artboards and Slices for exporting multiple images out of a single document
- Automatic export for multiple resolutions at the same time
- Unique Color (with RGB and HSB modes) and Font pickers
- Beautiful native text rendering and text styles
- Vector and pixel zoom; zoom in with infinite vector precision or see individual pixels
- Multi-stop and radial gradients editing right in the canvas. Powerful WYSIWYG rendering
- Shared Layer Styles that automatically update all associated layers
- Shared Text Styles for sharing font and paragraph info between text layers
- Powerful, easy-to-use Vector Tool
- A growing community of designers with fantastic resources available on the web
Sketch is great for a wide variety of designers and artists.
FOR WEB AND UI DESIGNERS
- Web and iOS design templates come standard
- Copy CSS Styles to clipboard (including gradients!)
- Slices: export areas on the canvas as images
- 960 default grid, with support for more advanced grid options
- Create multiple pages inside a single document
- Standard Responsive Web Design Artboards
FOR ICON DESIGNERS
- Artboards: each is its own little canvas
- iOS Icon Templates
- Pixel Grid
- Pixel Effects, such as Gaussian and Motion Blur
- Round to nearest pixel edge
- Added iPad Pro and tvOS Artboard Presets (#6211)
- Added option to indicate whether the opacity of an image should translate to its fill (#6740)
- Improves the behaviour of the Layer List auto-collapsing after deleting layers (#6677)
- Updated iOS UI Design Template (#4020)
## Bug Fixes
- Fixes a bug where images with fills would blend unexpectedly (#6740)
- Fixed a bug where some text layers would display the first line at the wrong position (#6737)
- Fixed a bug where legacy 9-slice images would not render properly (#6745)
- Fixed a crash when editing gradient fills on 10.11 (#6738)
- Fixed a rendering bug where layer blend modes in combination with shadows and fills could look differently (#6741)
- Fixed a possible crash in documents with multiple background blurs (#6768)
- Fixed a crash when exporting layers at very small sizes (#6708)
- Fixes a significant memory leak in documents using many artboards (#6758)
- Fixes a bug where certain PDFs would not import properly (#6318)
- Fixes a rare bug where some symbols would fail to sync their changes across (#6753)
- Fixes a rare bug where edited images could disappear (#6843)
- Fixes a bug where transparent images could be trimmed on import (#6788)
- Fixes a bug in scripting which sometimes returned the incorrect document (#6799)
Most Helpful Reviews
Must-have tool for ALL visual designers - Sketch 3 is a nice evolution from Sketch 2, which was already a very elegant, effective tool. Though any designer or artist can use Sketch, there are many tools for web, UX and interactive designers, such as grids and "layouts" which relate to responsive design, and excellent combining of multiple fills to produce richly-textured shapes in very little time. It is now essential that tools like Sketch show gradient fill, etc AS you are adjusting them, as Sketch has done and continues to do. I would encourage the Sketch 3 authors to set up a BBS-style user forum in addition to Twitter, simply to open up more channels of communication and learning. Not every question can be properly asked or answered within Twitter's character limit. I'd also like to see a downloadable PDF manual. Over the past months, there's been a lot of talk about replacement software for this or that industry-leader software title. I'm going to suggest that Sketch and others, are not trying to replace existing software; rather they're showing us a new way altogether. I've used the others for more than 20 years and I can assure you, Sketch is well worth your time and money. I believe that what feels best about Sketch's interface and way of handling things is that it is not in my way, and I don't have to go through a lot of gyrations to get meat and potatoes chores done. The world rotates on meat and potatoes..metaphorically speaking..
Pensil Tool is still unusable - The guys at bohemian coding are perhaps truly bohemian. They do not pay attention to the bugs in their program. When I am using pen tool, and I need the pan tool to do extremely detailed vector illustrations for laser cuts. Parts of my line begin to disappear! This has been the case from the release. If you can not fix your program, return the money!