Developer: ModelMaker Tools BV
Current Version: 1.18.0
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 4.2 MB - Download
Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember things and generate new ideas.
We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
SimpleMind is designed to synchronize your Mind Maps across platforms. For example (as a separate purchase) for iPhone/iPad - check the web site.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 8 years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Unique free layout or different auto layouts.
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive.
• Add media and documents.
• Share Mind Maps.
• Change and customize the appearance.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free layout
○ or use one of the different auto layouts (great for brainstorming)
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
○ start with an image at the center of the Mind Map
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use single select or multiple select
○ use checkboxes, auto-numbering
○ link any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
• Seamless synchronization using Dropbox or Google Drive
○ sync your Mind Maps with other devices using Dropbox or Google Drive as a conduit
○ avoid data loss by recovering deleted Mind Maps
○ restore previous versions of a Mind Map
○ Dropbox stores deleted files and file versions for at least 30 days
• Add media and documents
○ voice memos
○ icons (stock or custom)
○ links (navigation or hyperlink)
• Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ import/export as Freemind or opml
○ use the presentation mode to show your Mind Map to others
• Change and customize the appearance
○ apply our pre-defined style sheets
○ pick colors from the style color palette or choose custom colors
○ change the appearance of topics and lines
○ customize background color
• Maintain overview
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
• Progress bar checkboxes (0% – 100%) and Roll-up progress checkboxes (progress automatically calculated by averaging progress from children).
• Set a date for a topic.
• Mind Map Editor search bar (in advanced mode) allows searching for topics with a date before or after a certain date.
• Insert Sibling Topic: similar to add sibling, but orders new sibling before current topic in parent. In auto layout mode the position on the mind map page is set accordingly. Ctrl+Cmd+Enter
• Keyboard shortcuts changed: Alt+Cmd+T = toggle style toolbar, Ctrl+Cmd+T = add central theme
• Essential Dropbox API version update.
Most Helpful Reviews
Love the Simplicity of SimpleMind - I first used this product on my iPad. When I got a MacBook Pro, I immediately went to the Mac App Store to find out if there was a counterpart, and sure enough, here it is. It works the same way and the very best part is that I can connect the two devices through Bluetooth and all of my maps from the iPad were imported in about five to ten minutes. All of my class sessions (I teach at a small liberal arts school) are mapped, and from one semester to the next, I begin thinking about the next class by visiting the map and revising it if necessary. Love this product--it thinks like I do!
Sych Is So Bad it is unusable on IOS/Mac - Let me first get this out of the way…. I am an expert user. I’ve used Google Drive and Dropbox for years and I have both properly configured. They work. Simplemind’s implementation of sync is so terrible, that it is functionally broken. Here is why: For starters it does not sync to its own directory or give an option of syncing to a default directory. It therefore wants access to your entire cloud drive and defaults to root. This should have been my first clue that the programmer implementing this had never done this before. A well implemented Sync would offer to create a subdirectory under apps (on dropbox) like Scrivener, 2Do, Carrot, Plex, and all other well implemented apps do. That is not the worst problem, however. The REALLY big problem is that changes on my mac to not show up on my iPhone and changes on my iphone do not show up on my mac. Sure initial sync works ok ( in the ROOT directory!) but even after forcing a sync the other machine refuses to pick up the change. I have tried using it by writing the file to a dropbox folder on my mac as well as using the API implementation. Closing and reopening the app makes no difference. For god sakes people, read up on how to do this and fix your app. Claiming you support sync is disgraceful. Customers… beware. If you want a great mindmapping program maybe this is it… as long as you have one device...
More Reviews for Current Version
PROGRAM helps unclutter mind - MINDMAPPING can be done on paper or on a chalkboard. That part isn’t new here. But this app integrates the experience to a computer. It’s got great functionality, and allows easy changes to the styles of the maps. I’ve synched relatively well with both tablet and phone. And I’ve appended images and recordings, as well as detailed notes. Great for relief of mental clutter, and clarification of thoughts. Recommend!
simple, elegant app - This app is simple and elegant. Easy to use and easy to access (I use google drive for this app). I highly recommend it!
Excellent Choice - Great app - use it across several platforms and it is always there, ready to go. Lots of options, and constant improvements. You won’t get this one wrong.
This is how I take notes and develop ideas - Often I’ll ponder an issue for a while collecting ideas and resources/references. This is the app I use to jot down ideas and references as I develop an article or trainoing material. First rate, and easy to intergrate into these processes. A bit cumbersome in the beginning, but it quickly becomes apparent how to access the functionality at the level its needed.