Antnotes are like paper notes: they are glued to your monitor, but from the other side of the screen.
This nice and handy application lives in the menu bar for faster access and has the following features:
- customizable background, font and text color
- pin note to desktop to make it stay atop of other windows
- translucent notes
- make new notes by dragging text, images and files to the menu bar icon
- drag images and sounds to note contents
- automatically hide notes when inactive
- quick access via menu bar icon
- configurable global shortcuts to create new note or show/hide all notes
- integration with services: create new note from any text in any application
- snap to screen bounds and other notes
- archive with all closed notes - do not lose your information by accidentally closing a note
- smart position choosing for different display configurations
Want more features? Let us know, or check out our Antnotes application!
Visit our support forums: https://www.antlogic.com/forum/
- added option to disable gradient background
- added option to create new notes in bottom left/right corners
- changed delay for close/options buttons showing
- some minor compatibility and UI fixes
- fixed German localisation
Most Helpful Reviews
Better than Stickies - This app does what I always wanted Stickies to do: stick a note to your desktop where you’ll see it every day and be there first thing when you log on. It’s easy to use, plus you can customize each note with size, color, and fonts and move them any place you want them on the desktop. Well done!
How do I uninstall this app? - Every time I go to uninstall this app it says I can't because it's open, when I go to close it it asks if I want to open it. There's no menu, so I can't just close it through its own menu, and I can't close it from the dock because it isn't recognized as being open. I just want it gone forever and I've had this installed less than 10 minutes.
More Reviews for Current Version
Terrific app, with one caveat... - Love all of the optios of this Stickies replacement, including its historical record of closed notes. The only thing that’s bugging me, and I don’t think this was the case when I started using it a year or so ago, is that the notes don’t reliably remember their locations when I plug a monitor into my laptop for dual monitor use - they keep overlapping or moving away from each other. I wish that it would just stick with a fixed pixel value relative to a specific corner of the screen so that the arrangement is identical regardless of what screen it’s appearing in.
This app > apple built-in sticker - This app > apple built-in sticker Not much to say, go try it
I don’t usually write reviews, but this one deserves one - I am a graduate student right now and I was frustrated with not being able to quickly take notes while reading through assignments and textbooks. This app is aesthetically pleasing as well as easy to use and manuver using shortcuts! I recommeded it to a few friends already!!
Great For It’s Purpose - This app, even in the free version, is great for its purpose. I can add sticky notes to my desktop in a variety of colors and even pin the stickies to certain desktops. The design is clean and neat while still providing some variability. My reason for not giving 5 stars is because i dislike how the app icon must be open in the dock while the app is in use. I’d much rather prefer it to be in the overhead menu, but this is very minor and i still love the app. I’ve had no crashes or lagging since i downloaded this a couple of weeks ago.
Lo justo - La verdad que es una aplicación sencilla y muy útil para anotar cosas y tenerlas a la vista. No molesta para nada, queda en segundo plano y su opacidad se baja para no molestar en el escritorio. Excelente.