Developer: Just About Managing
Current Version: 2.2.2
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 4.7 MB - Download
Grab screenshots and video from the iOS Simulator and Corona SDK Simulator with a single button click. Create professional quality promotional material and demonstration movies and walkthroughs with ease. Show potential customers your game or app in action.
* Works with the iOS Simulator to capture iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV screenshots and movies.
* Works with the Corona SDK to capture iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Windows Phone screenshots and movies.
* Capture video and screenshots quickly and easily with a single click.
* Encodes to standard H.264 QuickTime movie format at configurable quality settings, including lossless for export to other video editing systems.
* Scale and rotate movies as they're captured, avoiding bothersome basic post-processing.
* Records audio from the Simulators using the open source Soundflower audio plug-in. (Not included; separate free download required.)
* Encodes voice-over audio as AAC with a choice of three quality options.
* Simulator Recorder can grab sequences of screenshots, making choosing that perfect action shot for the App Store easier than ever.
* Simulator Recorder records just the Simulator screen, no matter where its window is or what orientation it's in. No more fiddling around setting up immovable recording rectangles or cropping down full screen videos.
* Choose to show single and multi-touch mouse / finger position, as well as highlighting taps. Customise how taps are displayed. (Multi-touch capture is iOS Simulator only.)
* Simulator Recorder can automatically crop away the iOS status bar.
* Choose from a selection of iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch images to add your screenshots to.
* AppleScript support allows you to automate capture and to integrate Simulator Recorder into interface testing workflows.
NOTE: Previewing lossless video is not available on OS X 10.9. But lossless video capture and export still works just fine!
* Fixes issue with capturing video from new simulators
Most Helpful Reviews
Just what I'm looking for - Fits the bill for recording custom video of your app. It's all the pieces I need all rolled up into one app!
Has Promise, But Not There Yet - I really wanted this app to work but alas, I've not been able to get the video capture to work at all (which was my only reason for purcahsing the app). I am completely unable to capture video with sound and if I try to capture anything longer than a 20 second clip, I end up with a damaged, zero length video file. I would have given the app greater than a single star however out of several attempts to contact technical support, all but the very first have gone unanswered. Being a developer in the app store myself, I'm sensitive to the issues that can go into trouble shooting an app remotely and I'm not a person to just run out and write a bad review. However, not even bothering to reply with at least a "we're looking into the issue" is just bad form in my opinion. My purchasing advice: It looks like there is a free, time limited trial version available from the developer's website. I would suggest trying before you buy on this one.