Developer: DIRE Studio
Current Version: 3.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 1.8 MB - Download
*** The original and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from a USB or Wi-Fi connected Canon EOS DSLR, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables additional features: shutter count graphing & forecasting, history log duplicate removal, camera date/time synchronization (Canon only) and outdated firmware version warning (Canon only). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Note: for the best compatibility with your camera it is recommended to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version.
Certified cameras (with live view counters):
• Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 100D, 200D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1200D, 8000D, 9000D; Kiss X7, X8i, X9, X9i, X70; Rebel SL1, SL2, T5, T6i, T6s, T7i.
Certified cameras (still photos only):
• Canon EOS-1D C, 1D Mark IV, 1D X, 40D, 50D, 60D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 1000D, 1100D, 1300D; Kiss F, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6i, X7i, X50, X80; Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5i, T6, XS, XSi.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6, WFT-E7, WFT-E8 transmitters on:
• Canon EOS-1D C, 1D X, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D Mark II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 200D, 800D, 9000D; Kiss X9, X9i; Rebel SL2, T7i.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Certified cameras (still photos only, using image files):
• Nikon Coolpix A, D2H, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3S, D3X, D4, D4S, D5, D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D200, D300, D300S, D500, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D800E, D810, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5500, D7000, D7100, D7200, Df.
• Nikon 1 AW1, J1, J3, J4, J5, V1, V2, V3.
• Pentax *ist DL, *ist DL2, 645D, 645Z, K-1, K-3, K-3 II, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7, K-30, K-50, K-70, K-500, K-m, K-r, K-S1, K-S2, K-x, K10D, K20D, K100D, K100D Super, K200D, K2000, KP.
* Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: http://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (still photos only, using image files, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon EOS-1D Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III.
Cameras not listed here ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Kuuvik Capture, EOS Utility, Capture One, Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (http://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (http://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS 6D Mark II, 200D/Rebel SL2/Kiss X9 via both USB and Wi-Fi connections.
• Added support for Canon EOS 7D in the Live View Pack.
• Memory cards are now scanned automatically.
• Added a warning message when a scanned memory card contains no usable image.
• Added a warning message when a camera storing shutter count information in image files is connected via USB.
• Fixed a potential crash when a just-deleted history log was selected for display.
• The app no longer displays a negative live view counter when the 5D Mark II returns inconsistent data due to camera firmware bugs. The live view counter will be 0 in this rare case.
Most Helpful Reviews
People, REVIEW why & what you bought! - It’s annoying to see reviews that didn’t read the description and that’s why they lower the ratings or people who excepted more than what it said! It works! Plug it it, start the camera, you’re done. Even keeps a log to show you the past counts.
Questionable accuracy - I used this app with my Canon EOS 1Dx a year ago. Shutter Count recorded 51474 accuations on Oct 17, 2014. After almost exactly a year (today is Oct 15, 2015) Shutter Count reports I my 1Dx now has 63591 total shutter accuations - a total of 12,117 accuations in the past 12 months. However, my Lightroom database shows over 18,000 images from this camera for the same period. And that doesn’t account for several thousand images I have discarded. (At 12 frames per second, there are plenty of discards in wildlife photography.) I question the validity of this data.