Developer: Interfacelab LLC
Current Version: 1.48
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 5.4 MB - Download
Shave is a fast and easy editor for OSX that let's you quickly trim, split and splice video together.
When Final Cut or iMovie are overkill, Shave has your back with a quick, light, utilitarian video editor:
- Quickly and easily edit your video using cut, copy and paste
- Frame accurate editing
- Quickly scan and jump through video using the keyboard
- Trim, split and extract video with a single command
- Export to QuickTime, H.264 and MPEG-4
- Batch convert a ton of formats to QuickTime, H.264 and others
- Full screen playback and editing
- Full keyboard control, edit video without moving your mouse
- Frame accurate scrubbing by clicking and dragging
- Trim and tighten your iPhone videos before uploading to your favorite social media
- Batch conversion of video for use on the web
- Cut, chop and splice video before importing into Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.
- Extract your favorite scenes from your favorite movies easily and quickly
- Edit your screen casts and podcasts with the quickness
This release fixes a host of bugs when using Shave with both Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
Facebook and YouTube uploading have been removed for this release but will return in 1.5 coming sometime this summer.
To edit ProRes codecs, you'll need to install the Apple ProApps QuickTime Codecs:
Most Helpful Reviews
Just what i needed... - This is just the thing i have been looking for to quickly edit videos. Pick the beginning, hit 'IN', pick the end, hit 'OUT'. It's super easy. Plus you can upload right to Facebook from within the app. Get ready for lots of doggie vids :)
Don't waste your money. - Mpeg-2 support? I don't think so. This application is unstable and doesn't seem to have the mpeg-2 support that it claims to have. I wish I could get my money back.
More Reviews for Current Version
This is great for extracting clips from long imported home movies - I am converting my home VHS movies to digital. Shave Video makes it so easy to to this better than iMovie for me, more intuitive. The instructions are in the “Help” menu. I like the ability to speed up the video to set the start and end of the portions that I want to remove. These can be set to an individual frame. I have extracted over 2 hours of home movies into clips filed by date and subject. My next step will to combine these segment into a movie by subject, grandson, granddaughters, etc. I have many VHS movies to convert, this is going to take weeks to do. The new MacPro really helps.
Useless for me - Won’t work on mp4 video without the long dead Perian. The developer’s website is gone. It may well work on mov
Crashes - This app crashes immediately everytime I open it.
Won't open - Don't waste your money. App won't even open
It's a great app, but... - I find this app much easier to use than iMovie when all one wants to do is trim away the garbage portions of video clips. My only complaint is that Shave Video seems to update itself automatically on a daily basis, even though the latest version is already installed.