Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Current Version: 1.0.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 192.3 MB - Download
The biggest & best version of the award winning Sentinel sci-fi tower defense series also available on Mac! Join millions of iOS players in the battle to save humanity!
MetaCritic score: 87!
Take the fight to the alien homeworld and unleash a massive arsenal of weaponry!
- A challenging campaign featuring 20 levels across 14 distinctive and demanding maps!
- Over 20 unlockable turrets, orbital ship weapons, automated drones and abilities at your disposal!
- A powerful commander mech unit which can level up and gain new abilities as you play!
- Customize your weapon loadout in the Armory to match the demands of the mission!
- Stunning graphics & fx!
- Endless modes for all maps!
- Play in windowed mode to carry on "working" or go big with fullscreen mode!
- Classic mode provides a pure skill-based game mode of challenges!
- Exclusive music by the creators of the Sentinel 2 music - Specimen A.
- Completely reworked and revamped game engine.
AWARDS FOR SENTINEL 3: HOMEWORLD ON iOS:
- WINNER: Best App Ever Awards 2010 Best iPad Strategy Game!
- 2nd Place: Best App Ever Awards 2010 Best iPhone Strategy Game!
- Pocketgamer's Top 10 iPhone games 2010!
- iPhone Quality Index Top 10 iPhone games 2010!
- KnowYourMobile's Top 10 smartphone games 2010!
Good luck, Commander!
Most Helpful Reviews
Great tower defense game - I played both the iPhone versions of Sentinel and they were great fun. Now that its an app for my MB, its even better. Plus the updates to the maps, addition of the commander element and a levelup style of weapons and commander abilities makes it worth the purchase.
Constant Kernel Panics - Great game, when I can play it... I get kernel panics after a few minutes playing everytime...
More Reviews for Current Version
Original and one of the best - In my opinion there are only 2 tower defense games that are absolutely essential on the Mac App Store, IBomber Defense & Sentinel 3. IBomber is the standard for tower defense games, with it's WWII setting, and most TD games are basically a clone of this type of game except for rare exceptions like Sentinel 3. Sentinel 3 holds it's own with it's upgradable towers, unlockable weapons, and killer enemy waves; not to mention it's amazing graphics, sound, and UI. The additions of a Commander (which makes you feel like much more a part of the action) and multiple gates to defend (which adds multiple levels of strategy to the game, with the new need of a possible fallback position) are what makes this game truely special. Though the Commader is provided to you from the start there are a TON of upgrades you can earn for him including weapons, new abilities, and his individual stats (health, weapons range, strength, firepower). The campagn consists of 20 levels with 4 modes of difficulty, so you'll need those upgrades, and has a ton of replay value; not to mention the Classic mode (which is kind of like a challenge mode with set weapons and powers for different maps) and of course, Endless mode for all 16 maps. For 3 bucks this game is a steal, for the high quality of it's gameplay/design and quantity of content it's also one of the best games I've bought on the Mac App Store.
Great game, still has some bugs... - During campaign mode, it will randomly start the first level rather than the level I have selected. Also need to spend a little more time optimizing the UI for the Mac, rather than Cocoa-Touch. Fun tower defense, would have five stars if they fix the bugs, and do a little more work on the UI.
Excellent TD - I have sentinel 2 on my iphone and love it. I was browsing the Mac AppStore, and figured this was worth a try. Very glad I made the purchase. This game is very good. Excellent graphics. Very good gameplay (although it is sometimes a bit of a pain to click on your towers). I like the new commander mode which allows you to outfit a mech for use on the various levels. All in all, this is a significant improvement on an already polished iOS game. It made the translatio to Mac very well. If you're a TD fan, this is one of the best in the AppStore.
i love it - very nice game i start to play and after lookk to my clock wow 120 minute :D dont lose it
Good tower defense game - Good for the price. Interesting weapon and upgrade choices. There does seem to be a bug, as someone else mentioned - after finishing the campaign on "easy" I was unable to play anything other than the first level on medium.