Current Version: 4.5.5
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 3.8 MB - Download
- Improve your website's quality, SEO and user experience
- Checks internal and external links as well as images
- Fast scan with many options, progress displayed via dock icon
- Highlights problems in colour, double-click for further information
- Many export options including full report, xml sitemap, graphic visualisation
- Checks your html using the w3c html validator; the public instance or your own installation
- SEO analysis of a page such as occurrences of keywords or missing page title, meta description, headings and keywords. Also highlighting of possible duplicates (same page, different url)
- Manages as many sites as you like with different settings for each
- Retina screens supported
Feed Scrutiny your homepage URL and watch it follow internal links to find all of your pages and carry out these checks from the same viewpoint as a search engine robot.
Scrutiny stores a lot of data and can only use the memory available to it. There have been big performance improvements since v4 but if your site is big enough (many thousand pages) Scrutiny may not be able to crawl it in one go. For tips on crawling it in sections, please see Scrutiny's FAQ page.
Adds validation to sitemap ftp server field. Adds the ftp:// scheme if not present or replaces http:// with ftp:// (the reason for some support issues)
Most Helpful Reviews
Great upgrade to Integrity - I'd been using Integrity (from the same developer) for years and recently discovered Scrutiny that does a lot more. I downloaded the demo from the PeacockMedia site (hey, Apple: It'd be a great service if you provided a link to the demo from the App Store) and discovered a problem. I'm still not sure if the problem is a Scrutiny issue -- I suspect it's an issue with my server or content management system configuration. At any rate, Shiela managed to diagnose the problem and provide a workaround in a matter of hours. Scrutiny is a great product for anyone doing serious web work and the developer provides absolutely outstanding support.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great Tool for Web Developers - This is a very useful tool for finding broken links, invalid HTML, and SEO issues. It can also easily generate a sitemap. Particularly useful in my situation where I do not personally review every article added to the web site. It helps me catch up very quickly and zero in on issues. I agree with some reviewers that UI could be upgraded in some respects, but there is so much packed into this app, that it really is not a problem.