Developer: Daeo Corp. Software
Current Version: 2.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 2.7 MB - Download
Screeny makes screen capturing easy and gives you the freedom to capture your videos or images at any size. You can click & drag to resize the capture area or input the exact pixel dimensions to set to the size of the capture area. All the while you will get instant feedback on the capture area's current pixel dimensions.
Screen casting just got a billion times better with Screeny. Now you can capture a specific portion of your screen, rather than having to record your entire desktop. This can drastically reduce video file size and bring focus to a specific portion of your screen. You can even include a video feed from your web-cam inside of your screen cast!
NOTE: Screeny ONLY works in OS X Lion (10.7) and higher.
- Images are stored in your 'Pictures' folder, in a folder named 'Screeny'.
- Videos are stored in your 'Movies' folder, in a folder named 'Screeny'.
• Record Video & Snap Images of your screen at any size, and with your built-in or external web-cam!
- Capture any portion of your screen by dragging, expanding and moving the capture canvas to any size.
- Include a video feed from your built-in or external web-cam inside your screen capture.
- Click to capture any specific window on your computer.
- Optionally have a mouse highlight animation triggered whenever you click your mouse while recording your screen.
• Cloud App support.
- Optionally have Images & Video automatically uploaded to your Cloud App account!
- Optionally compress videos in the highest quality H.264 before uploading to Cloud App to save on file size.
- View upload & compression progress for Cloud App uploads in the Menu Bar drop down.
• Videos are always saved down at highest possible quality and can be exported for web, etc. using Quicktime.
• Multiple Video Frame Rates.
- Record in 60, 30, 25, 24, 20, or 15 Frames Per Second.
- Lower frame rates improve recording quality for slower machines, or when not much CPU power is available at the time of recording.
• Optionally capture Audio from your computer's microphone when recording video.
• Optionally capture System Audio.
- Requires a 3rd party plugin.
- Instructions on the Screeny Support site.
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts for all recording actions and other preferences.
• Set your recording canvas size by entering a specific pixel dimension or by choosing some handy pre-set dimensions or by clicking, dragging & expanding the recording canvas.
• Screeny is a Menu Bar app and a very simple & powerful tool.
• Fixed bugs that prevented certain computers from being able to stop recording.
• Added support for Droplr file sharing.
• Added retina support.
• Other small bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
60fps - Well this app is significantly better than Apple's Quicktime for two key reasons. You can set any size recording and you have way more control over FPS. I'm running it under Lion and while having 8 apps running including some big ones like Word, Outlook, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Safari I was still able to set an HD size on my scren and capture video at 60fps of me working in apps and watching streaming content. The 60fps allowed me to slow the video down by 1/2 and still have smooth video and audio during editing. I was totally impressed. It may not have all the built-in editing and special features like Screenflow or Camtasia have but for the price it is so perfect for many users including pro's.
Cannot Decode! - This does not WORK!!! FIX!!!
More Reviews for Current Version
DO NOT BUY - Records a solid green screen on my Mac Book Pro Retina. Several others online have the same issue.
Cannot Decode - "Cannot Decode" all the time!
***Do Not Buy**** - Have not been able to use this stupid app, will not record audio….video only…..app is not worth $14.95…not even worth .99 cents…do not waste your money.
Current Version Does Not Work - Doesn't work on a Retina MacBook Pro. Just records content as green screen.
Records your screen & it’s free = win - I don’t understand the 1-star reviews for this app; It records your screen, and it’s free. Big win. If you want more features, go buy a license to something else. This app is made primarily for short screen captures, not recording 60fps gaming, geez.