Developer: Bread and Butter Software, LLC.
Current Version: 2.1.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
Scrawl is a simple note taking app for the Mac. It is easily accessible in the menu bar, and syncs your notes across all of your Macs with iCloud.
• Simple and lovely interface to help you focus on your notes.
• Stays accesible, yet out of the way, in the menubar.
• iCloud support so your notes are always where you need it and up-to-date.
• Customizable keyboard shortcut to open Scrawl and create notes.
• Share your notes via Mail, Twitter, Facebook, and iMessage using Share Sheets.
• Choose from three different window sizes.
• Drag & drop links into the Scrawl menubar icon.
• Optionally open at login.
• Timestamp for all note to see when they were last edited or created.
• Search all of your notes, no keywords needed.
• Never lose you notes again with auto save.
• And much more!
I hope you enjoy Scrawl!
- Bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Simple yet very usefull - I love having this note/clip board for pasting text and I love that it syncs with iCloud. The interface is great and it is super quick thanks!
Needs more…. - Apple Notes exists on my iPhone, iPad, and Laptop already, why not use them? I should be able to create a note in your tool and have it show up in Notes on all my devices via iCloud, that's useful. Another implementation of "notes" that I have to buy for each device is just annoying…. I saw iCloud and Notes and just bought it not realizing I need a house full of desktops for this to be useful - I need to pay better attention. Who the hell needs iCloud to manage notes on desktops? Most people have their own networks and text is trivial to move around, plus there are tons of note apps for free that are better (Notational Velocity or JustNotes, which is way prettier). If you use the existing Apple Notes apps, that work and sync perfectly fine, then you'll have something worth 5 stars. At the very least add the "New Note With Selection" Service so I can send highlighted text to my Notes. Quick access/updates to Notes would be a dream come true, just like Apple adding the ability to take a note and send it to a desktop sticky would be! Oh, and make it clear that the title and text area are not clearly defined as separate, it's confusing. My opinion, it's a simplistic app that lacks features and polish. Also, it's buggy, I have not been able to type 30 characters before it beeps at me and won't let me type any more text. You can get around this by hitting enter then backspace to continue typing. We will see if these guys are up to the task of making it worthwhile….