Developer: Karelia Software LLC
Current Version: 2.10.8
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Download Size: 40 MB - Download
Want to build a website? Create one yourself in minutes with Sandvox.
You can use this flexible, powerful website builder to drag–and–drop objects to create web pages. Just add images, movies, and text to a design and publish, fast. Named to Mac App Store’s Best of 2012 at v2.7, 2.10 adds support for Karelia's new integrated Sandvox Hosting service.
Only Sandvox — winner of an Apple Design Award — features a user experience that lets you combine and spotlight your own drag-and-drop content while automatically creating a modern, feature-rich, standards-compliant website as you go. See your website come alive before your eyes! When ready, just upload your site to your favorite host directly from within Sandvox. It's that easy.
• Choose from dozens of stylish site designs, including two brand new designs, Hydrogen and Kryptonite
• Over 20 different, customizable content objects help you build the site of your dreams
• Easily add text, images, or movies
• Showcase your images with Photo Grids and lightbox-style Galleries, automatically optimized for Retina displays
• Super easy blogging, with built-in archiving
• Instantly add connections to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
• Syndicate your blog or podcast and offer easy-to-grab RSS feeds
• Incorporate content from other websites such as weather and news headlines
• Show selected products from Amazon.com
• Feature YouTube videos
• Include a Contact Form for feedback
• Automatically generate a sitemap
• Comment support via Disqus, IntenseDebate and Facebook Comments
• Insert custom features with Raw HTML
“ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ” — MacNN · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — SVMMac · “ ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼ ½ ” — Cult of Mac
EVEN MORE POWER
• iMedia Browser — Effortlessly browse your Pictures folder, iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, and Flickr. Grab movies from iPhoto and iTunes. Build a podcast. The iMedia Browser puts your resources at your fingertips.
• Advanced Customization — Code injection, custom CSS, built-in jQuery support and a brand new Cocoa plug-in API are available to experienced users and offer even more ways to customize your site.
• Publishing Options — Publish to built-in Sandvox Hosting, or to another provider via FTP, SFTP, WebDAV
• Search Engine Optimization — SEO-friendly site structure plus integration with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
• Site Extractor — generate a new Sandvox website using the text and images of your old site, to help you get off the ground that little bit quicker
For more information or to watch a video introduction, please visit our website!
“Those who want to quickly create template-based sites packed with features, should give Sandvox 2 a look. ◼ ◼ ◼ ◼” — Macworld UK
We're always here to help and we'd love to hear from you! If you have feedback or questions, you can reach us by email at [email protected] or visit our community forum at karelia.com/forum.
Read our FAQ at karelia.com/faq. (in English)
Familiar with iWeb? See our iWeb Transition Guide at karelia.com/iweb.
Sandbox 2.10.8 brings macOS Sierra compatibility and bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Program - If you are looking for a program to design a great website with as little effort as possible, then look no further than Sandvox. It performs exactly as it says it does and with a bit of effort, it should not take you more than a couple of hours to build a simple site. This is what user-friendly software should look like.
Extremely limited - After spending nearly $80 on this Sandvox web design software … of course … I really wanted it to be good. I read positive reviews on the Web and spent a good amount of time watching their training videos. I’m an IT tech. myself and I could pay off a house with all of the software purchases I’ve made over many years. So I did my research. But I should have given more emphasis to one word in everything I read about Sandvox and that word was “templates”. And that’s the serious limitation you run smack into when you go to design your Web site with Sandvox. You have to choose from predesigned templates. If your could choose one as a beginning to start your Web design and then have the necessary ability to go from there and do all kinds of steps to customize the site they way you want to, that would be great. But you can't. Instead you constantly are constrained to the limitations of the template. For instance, you would naturally think you could drop a Textbox or a Photo into a page and then freely place it where you want. Instead you have to pick from a Sidebar, Callout or float with text predefined positioning. I just wanted a - blank - template that I could then place my design heading, index, text, pictures, etc. on and lay them out. Didn’t see anyway to do that. Also, any template kept forcing me to keep a similar heading on my pages and I could only customize what I put below it. Other disappointments were: to see a picture zoomed in it seems you have to create a separate zoomed page that you link to from a smaller picture in your original page location, I didn’t see any ability to insert a Table in a design, the sales info mentions business web sites - but I couldn’t find out any PayPal plugin for payments. There - are - good training videos for the Sandvox software and good online help topics. But, because the software seems to keep you constrained to the template designs, I actually abandoned the program. This review is an opinion - they have an Evaluate option on their Web site. I advise you try that before buying.
More Reviews for Current Version
Buyer Beware - Buyers beware, this application is a rip off! For the same amount of money you can pay for a year of hosting, use Wordpress and have thousands of themes anf buy your domain. This application has basic website designs that my five year old can now do in elementry school.
Worst most unstable software I have used in a long time - Finally got myself round to looking at alternatives to Apple’s old iWeb solution. After research Sandvox was decided upon, and ever since I have regretted the decision. The designs are restrictive and limited in functionality, you want to place text boxes and pictures anywhere you want? no you can’t do that, you want to add things to the banner, no you can’t do that, you want to add a picture then mask it, no can’t do that. There are just so many things you can not do that iWeb allowed you to do. Add to that the fact I get error messaages saying the app has to be restarted, an error has occurred and so on, every 20-30min of use and this is just one expensive pile of junk that I wish I could get my money back on. Don’t waste your time or money in looking at this there are much better solutions out there.
Great for static internet sites keeps full copy on your computer - I recommend this for websites with one editor. No special sofware needs to be installed on hosting server. Sites can be moved to other servers easily. Editor does not need to know much about how the websites work. Sites ofter look and work very well. Yes it does crash from time to time but does not seem to loose anything.
Sandvox - Love using Sandvox its simple and fast.
Works well for my needs - Been using Sandvox for over 5 years. I needed a simple and intuitive website designer that I could use for a band website. It also needed to be simple for doing gig updates to the calendar and also allow adding media ( mp3 and video ) Sandvox does all that simply. When I started using it, I had no experience in HTML or website design. Got the program and 2 days later, the site was up and looked great. Doing updates are simple. You open the app, type in what you need, hit publish and the website is updated. I know there are other programs that are capable of more, but requires a steep learning curve to publish your website. For my needs Sandvox has delivered