SamuraiSafe - Password Manager
Developer: Michael Rourke
Current Version: 1.3.14
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 1.5 MB - Download
SamuraiSafe stores your passwords and other private information securely, and synchronises across your devices. It allows you to easily login to websites and mobile apps without sharing passwords.
SIMPLE AND SECURE
- designed to be highly secure yet easy to use,
- supports password security best practice: makes it easy to have unique strong passwords for every web site or service.
- your private key (known only to you) is never stored or transmitted anywhere,
- AES-256 encryption with secure hash (HMAC) to detect tampering or corruption,
- automatic clipboard clear and safe locking.
- generate strong passwords,
- configure the password generator (random characters or random words),
- indicates the strength of both generated and manually entered passwords.
SYNC TO MULTIPLE DEVICES
- iCloud sync to other iPhone/iPad/Mac,
- or manual iTunes sync to a iPhone/iPad for maximum security and control.
- store any textual information: credit card numbers, pin codes, account numbers,
- each entry may have an arbitrary length secure note,
- create multiple password safes,
- create groupings.
- filter based upon password age or password strength,
- locate shared passwords.
- XML import/export.
EASY TO USE
- drag and drop username/password/url or use cut/paste,
- complete in-built documentation.
- SamuraiSafe is totally free to use on both MacOS and iOS.
STABLE AND MATURE
- SamuraiSafe has been in the App Store since 2013.
For details on SamuraiSafe’s security design philosophy see safe.samarama.net
• Fixed spurious warning on saves to iCloud safes (stored on non HFS+ volumes).
If you use SamuraiSafe, please rate it! Any and all feedback is helpful. Thanks - Michael
Most Helpful Reviews
Very Good P/W Manager - Samurai Safe is an outstanding password manager! When I began the search for a new one, I decided to scrutinize this one much more closely and I am very glad I did. I went to the developer’s site and read about his design philosophy for this app. I couldn’t help but notice that he has incorporated some nice, helpful features that a lot of other password managers tend to overlook—such as the ability to set the preferences to immediately erase a password from the clipboard once it has been pasted. The security features are very robust, to say the least, and the fact that it is very light on system resources certainly doesn’t hurt either. This app works perfectly and does exactly what the developer says it does. Do not let the fact that it isn’t as “feature rich” as some other p/w managers stop you from giving this one a try. I have found that lots of different features usually sounds nice until you you actually start using the app and then discover that you rarely, if ever, use some of those features. Now that I have tried this one out, I can honestly say that it is a very well designed and well thought out app. It is a pleasure to use. The developer is very responsive and works hard to maintain the app. Best of all—it’s FREE!
does not work - It did not work. I Could create groups but could not add anything to the groups
More Reviews for Current Version
Amazing app - The developer updated the iOS version with touch ID, maybe this one too? Anyhow great app! I’d pay a few bucks for the update…just to show my appreciation.Hands down, best password app, even if it were 5 to 8 bucks (iOS and MacOS app)!!