Developer: Objectus Technology LLC
Current Version: 1.5.1
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 4 MB - Download
SaberFX is a program for creating movie style special effects. It was designed to be as easy to use as possible, so even children could do their own special effects.
SaberFX can be used with iMovie by adding the effects first, then importing the result into iMovie to finish the movie.
New for 1.3:
- Added Onion Skinning, shows the previous frame graphics to aid in effect placement on the current frame
- Added oval masks, to make it easier to mask round shapes
- Fixed the red static (snow) issue on newer machines
- Improves sound when rendering. Some programs had issues with the sound track on rendered videos
- Opening documents now zoom to maximized size after opening
- Better handling when opening documents that can't find the original video
- SaberFX is also able to find the original movie file in cases where it's been moved or is on external media that has been ejected
- Improved the glow. Sabers and Lightning have a nicer glow
- Removed the scaling options from the lower left. Proportional is best, so it's now the only option
- Removed the ability to play the video without rendering. It often couldn't keep up with the processing of the effects.
- Internal improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome App - Great App I dont make Jedi fight movies but I make action shooters. The Clash works great as gunfire. One question. Could you add maybe exposions and dust flying when a bullet hits a wall. Also blood would be great and maybe a more realistic gun shot
dont buy till it gets better - it should be much cheaper and there should be onion skining. on some slides the laser or lightning is not there and i want to put videos on yutube but it does not work. i cant open files. dont buy until there is onion skining
More Reviews for Current Version
The only app for lightsabers on the app store - I’m hoping more people get on board with this app. It’s the only app (that I’ve seen) for such effects. I own the iOS app as well. Hoping to see the addition of sounds, to make creating quick videos easier.