Developer: Vianney Lecroart
Current Version: 188.8.131.5213
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 3.4 GB - Download
Enter a unique science fantasy MMORPG and dive into a unique organic living world !
Ryzom is one of only a few commercial-grade MMORPGs that are fully open source: client, server, tools, and media. Being open source means that Ryzom draws on a vibrant community providing fixes and functionality above and beyond that of what the team can provide. It offers players a unique opportunity to become involved in the development of the game.
Far from being a frozen world, Ryzom is constantly evolving in regard to your actions. Will you spark another war? Will you found a lucrative commercial guild or aim for political power? What if your hunting talents could be decisive in the struggle against Kitins?
Pick your actions well, for each one of them may impact the world and its inhabitants!
Ryzom characters are unusual in that they are not bound to a class. That means you don't have to choose between being a warrior, a mage, a harvester or a crafter. You can improve your skills in all these classes with only one character; you do not need to focus on one path. For example, you can, at your leisure, either train your pike handling, put on your magic amplifiers to heal or cast offensive spells, pick up your pickaxe and harvest materials, or go into crafting a new armor or weapon.
You have absolute freedom!
Ryzom offers official interactive events (with live NPC's), regular and varied, that evolve according to your actions. Nothing is preordained! Would you like to create your own event? The Animation Team is always at your disposal and will gladly support and assist in logistics.
In addition, many guilds are prepared to open their doors to help your character evolve!
For lovers of imaginary languages, the players and Animation Team have created unique languages. Roleplay immersion guaranteed!
Picture yourself, in front of a city gate, looking at a far hill and sighting the scouts of a Kitin swarm. Now picture hundreds of Kitins following them, moving like a united and swarming army. Huge battles call for the cooperation of a great part of the community to counter these threatening invasions. And what if, one day, the Kitin were to win again, threatening hominity for the third time?
You can fight everywhere, but only when you wish to do so. Duels, outposts battles, faction of region fights... You are free to engage in them... or abstain!
ADVANCED FORAGE & HARVEST
Ryzom features an advanced havesting and crafting system.
Harvesting - allows you to dig materials from the ground depending on season and weather and your skill. It's not so simple once predators get involved!
Crafting - Careful combination of materials depending on their characteristics and colors, allows production of unique weapons and armors. Thousands of recipes are possible.
A powerful A.I. system allows for a realistic wildlife behavior: carnivores attack herbivorous herds, realistic and dynamic animal motions make them lively, sometimes endearing, other times worrisome. There are also mass migrations on season changes and different behavior for different species. Take your time to sit and observe the life around you, it's an unforgettable view. But be careful of predators!
Ryzom is a 3D persistent world consisting of five lush and varied ecosystems. Landscape, wildlife behavior and ground material availability all change according to season, weather and time.
Discover the beauty of the Forest in the spring, do battle in the Jungle in a rainstorm under a summer sky streaked with lightning, lose yourself in the dunes of the Desert in the fall, or relax enjoying the reflections of a winter sun on the pure water of the Lakes.
- New Appartment Rewards
- New Deco Object for Zorai Event
- New Deco Object for Atysmas
- Scenographic Editor
- Fix truncated text in bubbles
- Fix crash when "select" element was without "form"
- Update liblzma
- Add free-view mouse tablet mode option
- Compatibility with older versions of CMake
- Replace a lot of const char* parameters to std::string
- Compilation with GCC 6
- Use C++11 if supported by compiler
- Add new command to target an entity using its sheet name
- Add more memory leaks checks and fix some of them
- Fix a lot of warnings
- Display leaked singletons when exiting in Debug mode
- Add Lua function to have an icon at left of menu option
- New Loot Locking System
- Export id of items for Item Group feature. Now, the items can be correctly identifyed
- Add next weather tooltip to ingame map
- Add humidity to ingame map
- Add minutes to ingame map
- Enable fps view on game config window
- Image mouseover effect
- Added -ryzom-modulate-color style to enable modulation with global color
- Remove map landmarks limit
- Clickable URLs in chat text
- Remove too verbose log messages
- More verbose message, bad command usage now print a synopsis
- Remember the slot (right/left hand) for item that can we weared in two similar slots
- Web images improvements (basic queue, cache expiration, image cookies)
- Add a new gui window web_lua_action
- Add new lua command force_camera_fp to force camera to first person view
- Add clear_on_escape property to edit box
- Changed Keep track of HSTS header and rewrite http to https as needed
- Add Text search to inventory
- Add Quality range filter to inventory
- Fixed Self CP for non freemium players
- Fixed Kincher Rite
- Workaround for white/black textures on Intel GPU
- Workaround for dancing trees under direct3d
- Correctly expire object if file is removed from cache
- Redirect for image requests
- Show image tooltips even if not inside link
- Better handling of JPEG and PNG images
- Fix windowed resolution resetting when closing from login/outgame views
- Fix ingame keys list
- Avoid crashing if interface file is not at the good version
- Fix music player loading non-existing files into playlist
- Bug fix in Item Groups
- Fixed “Error 60” when creating an account under MacOS and Linux.
OS X Clients:
- Increase minimum version of OS X to 10.7 (instead of 10.6)
Most Helpful Reviews
A Diamond in the Rough - What can you expect from a MMORPG almost no one has heard of and is on the apple itunes store? EVERYTHING, this game blows the tops off of a market that we have all seen pumped full of of remakes of the big names in the industry. Whether you are new to the genre or looking for something new you have hit home with this amazing title. The learning curve is steep in this game and the begining might have you saying, "where am I?" "what am I doing?", But 20 minutes in and you realize how helpful and proactive the community is in this game. With in just 2 hours of game time I have already made 3 friends who not only helped me learn the dynamics of this complex game, but also set me up with some great gear. Over all its nice playing something that smashes the doors wide open on such a monopolized game idustry, and I hope that people will give it a chance to really shine. Like I said "A Diamond in the Rough". Good work apple for adding a 5 star game to your line up.
Wont Even Run - I was able to create a character but as soon as I press play, the app force shuts down. I've tried ten times to run it (i.e Shutting down my computer, restarting it, creating a new character, etc.) And it still fails to work. I've reported it but I've gotten no response. I really hope this gets fixed because it looks interesting and I can no longer play my other mmorpgs because they're for pcs only. I'll be willing to re-review it if I have the opportunity to actually play the game. Until then, if I were you, I wouldn't waste hours downloading 3 gb of unusable content. Save your space. And developers, please fix this issue!