Developer: Sheng Apps
Current Version: 2.2
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 2.7 MB - Download
Ripcorder Audio is an easy-to-use but powerful recording app for your mac. You can use it to record from any audio input device you have on your mac, including mac’s internal microphone and built-in line input.
You can even set it up to record your mac’s system sound that is played by your mac’s speakers. Thus, you can easily record your favorite online audio stream such as radio broadcast and podcast. You can then import and playback those recordings using iTunes or any other audio playback software on mac.
Ripcorder Audio is designed to maintain best audio quality while providing various audio compression options. You can use Ripcorder Audio to record directly into common format such as MP3 (constant bit rate, and variable bit rate), AAC, Apple Lossless, PCM, FLAC, etc.
The app is also light-weight and unobtrusive, so you can leave it recording at the background while running other tasks on the mac.
Please visit http://www.ripcorder.com for more info.
* Quick access from mac’s status icons.
* Recording in both stereo and mono sound.
* Auto-track splitting.
* Recording and track title editing.
* Direct playback from the app.
* Choose between various audio encoding methods: MP3 (CBR and VBR), AAC, Apple Lossless, PCM, FLAC.
* Support recording of mac’s speaker output. It will record whatever is being played by the mac.
* Unobtrusive and light-weight, designed to do background recording.
* Made fully compatible with OS X Yosemite.
* Improved UI display clarity.
* Performance enhancements.
Most Helpful Reviews
Recording online radio show. - Been using it record online radio shows and Wolfgang's concerts. Nice!
Overall Rating: D - I rescind my previous evaluation. Do not buy this app under any circumstances. Recordings are of a poor quality. Instead, buy iRecordMusic from BitCartel. Works flawlessly. Worth every penny. (AND: there is a fully funcional trial version that you can download with no time expiration, but a per-recording time limit of 15 minutes) This app, on the other hand, would not be worth it even if it were free.
More Reviews for Current Version
Not Working Properly - poor recording.... dont recomend it
Audio Recorder - I was unable ever to get this application to work. It is necessary to download another driver to implement the program to even get to first base. Very disappointing