Remote Buddy Express - remote control 100+ apps
Developer: IOSPIRIT GmbH
Current Version: 1.30.3
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 6 MB - Download
Control more than 100 applications, virtual keyboard and mouse, presentations, media center software and important system settings on your Mac right from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Watch and Apple Remote (IR)!
This is the Express version of our award winning remote control solution Remote Buddy. A feature comparison chart comparing the two versions is available on our website.
- control 100+ apps on your Mac
- Virtual Mouse and Keyboard
- Mousespot: highlight important parts of your presentation
- one central menu (incl. for switching between apps)
- File Browser: browse your filesystem and recently used files, open documents
- integrated media library access (incl. EyeTV, iTunes, VIDEO_TS folders, ..)
- easily configurable button mapping and on-screen menu structure
- sleep, shutdown, reboot your computer
- control many important system settings
- button mapping charts: integrated in the menu, so you don't have to memorize them
- best support for popular media players software
APPLE TV APP
Meet the brand-new Remote Buddy Display app for tvOS: bring your Mac apps onto the big screen via high-speed screen sharing while turning your Siri Remote into a trackpad, keyboard and remote to control them.
IOS AND APPLE WATCH APPS
Control Remote Buddy Express on your Mac with your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple Watch using the brand-new Remote Buddy Mobile App:
- turn your iOS device into a remote control, multitouch trackpad, keyboard or numpad for your Mac
- Screen Sharing: fast access to your Mac's screen (includes trackpad and touchscreen modes)
- direct access to the huge library of app-specific actions provided by Remote Buddy Express' Behaviours
- launch, switch and quit apps right from your iOS device
- sleep, restart or shut down your Mac from your iOS device
- Apple Watch App included: control your Mac right from your wrist
- Night Mode: an eye-friendly, dark color scheme optimized for use in dark environments
Remote Buddy Mobile is available separately on the iOS App Store. Some features of Remote Buddy Mobile require In-App Purchases.
Adobe® Acrobat, Adobe® Bridge, Adobe® Media Player, Adobe® Reader, Adobe® Lightroom™, AirFoil, Aperture™, AOL® Radio, Audio Hijack, Awaken, Boxee, Capture One®, DivX Player, DVD Player, Expression Media, EyeTV, GarageBand™, Google™ Earth, Hulu Desktop, iPhoto™, iTunes®, Keynote®, MPlayer OSX Extended, QVIVO Player, SoundCloud, Rdio, Chrome, NeoOffice® Impress, OpenOffice.org Impress, PhotoBooth, Plex, PowerPoint®, Preview, QuickTime® Player 7, QuickTime® Player X, Spotify, VLC media player, XBMC.
Please note: This is just an excerpt. Please see the Remote Buddy Express website for the full list and details (including version numbers).
A Mac running macOS 10.7 or later. Compatible with macOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion.
- built-in Apple IR Receiver with Apple Remote control
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, connected via WiFi (on the same subnet, without packet drops, clients must be able to make connections to other clients)
- Apple Watch, connected through iPhone (above)
If you've got a moment and would like to support us, please leave a positive review. It really helps. Thanks!
Most Helpful Reviews
Fix for itunes opening with remote - Bought a new mac mini to use as a media center with Plex. Pressing the play button on the apple remote would launch iTunes then Plex. This app stopped that and now I can use the apple remote to navigate through different programs, control the programs, wake/put to sleep. Very satisfied. I feel like it may be a tad pricey, but it works so well I don't really mind. This saved me a lot of headaches
Buyer beware - I bought this application to control a Sony Bluetooth remote on my computer. Apparently there are 2 versions of this application, the ‘Express’ and the ‘Remote Buddy’. The express did not support the bluetooth remote I wanted, nor does it support bluetooth remotes and the ‘normal’ version does. Very dissapointing. Make sure to verif what you’re trying to do is supported.
More Reviews for Current Version
Finally found a media control app that works! - I love this app. Kudos to the coders for making something the Mac way: you install it, and it works like it says it will. I’ve been looking for something that will work with my Apple Remote on my Mac Mini 09, which is now my primary music/movie/etc. media center. Tried NessMediaCenter, which looked good, like Apple's old Front Row. If it had actually worked, it would have been great. It can’t even access iTunes, so what’s the point of it? Maybe that’s why reviews for that one are apparently disabled. Anyway, don’t waste your money on it. Tried another item called Kodi; that sort of worked, but if it was a car it’d stil start with a crank. By the time I found Remote Buddy, I was pretty wary. Fortunately, the website offered a trial version. So, I tried it. It didn’t take long for me to come to the App Store and buy it. It gives menus, lets you configure your remote so each buttone does what you expect it to do, and it lets you control anything you like, not just iTunes. Just about anything you have. This is maybe the third app I’ve done a review about, and I am not limited to three apps. It’s just the third that was good enough for me to take the time. Those other two “media center” apps? Forget about them.