Reign for Spotify - Control Your Music From Any Browser
Developer: Boy van Amstel
Current Version: 1.0.4
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.7 MB - Download
Reign is the Spotify remote for friends, colleagues, housemates and yourself that works on any device with a web browser.
With Reign installed, other people on your local (wifi) network can see what you're playing from their mobile phone, tablet, any computer and even their (portable) game console or e-reader!
► Control Spotify on your Mac through any device with a web browser.
► Discover Reign instances on your network using Safari's Bonjour Bookmarks/Favorites.
► Optionally just allow people to see what's playing by disabling remote commands.
► Customize the interface of the remote by creating your own theme using HTML & CSS.
Reign is open-source. Contribute here:
● Improved matches by switching from Echonest to Spotify's API for song searches.
● Reign now broadcasts a http service over Bonjour so servers show up in Safari's Bonjour Bookmarks/Favorites.
● Introduces a handsome brand new status bar icon.
● The 'launch at login' mechanism has changed. Re-enable it if you want to launch Reign at login.
● Fixed a bug in advanced theming on OS X 10.7.1 & 10.7.2.
● Reign has been re-signed.
This release works with OS X 10.7 and up.
Most Helpful Reviews
not bad! - Super simple! It took me a minute to figure out that I needed to copy the 'IP adress looking thing' into my web browser in my phone. But whatever… it works! Cant wait to see some updates.
nice idea - but app is unresponsive - The idea is great, but the execution falls short for me. Although my CPU is relatively quiet and my RAM has plenty to spare, the app is barely responsive. Clicks on the taskbar icon to access the menu result in a spinning beach ball and a couple of seconds before the menu is displayed. Three attempts to access the server from other clients on my WiFi network resulted in only 1 success, with the other two timing out in the browser.