Reditr - Best Reddit Client
Developer: Reditr Software
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 793.2 KB - Download
Reditr is a desktop client designed by David Zorychta and Dimitry Vinogradov. Reditr runs on Windows, OS X, Ubuntu and Chrome. Reditr has a plethora of features available to our users, and Reditr is totally and 100% free.
Reditr was designed to serve as a simple to navigate client for Reddit. It is actively maintained and as developers our primary goal in maintaining Reditr is to fix bugs and implement features as suggested by the users of Reddit (check out /r/reditr and /r/reditrbugs). A current feature list is as follows:
• Multiple language support
• View multiple subreddits at once via column interface
• Automatic draft saving-- never lose what you've typed on Reddit again
• Navigate through comments intelligently with many sorting options added ontop of Reddit's defaults
• Quickly view your Reddit browsing history
• Highlight new comments since last visit
• Import tags with RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite)
• View post/link contents and comments simultaneously
• User tagging system (give users multiple tags & synchronizes)
• Friend manager
• Subreddits update automatically
• Cross device account synchronization
• Private messages into interactive chat
• Load all comments automatically
• Bulk private messages sender
• Custom columns (follow friends, multiple subreddits etc.)
• Hoverzoom for images and other content
• Live notifications (messages, replies etc.)
• Customizable hotkeys
• Full comment controls
• Save posts & comments
• Moderation tools
• Gallery mode for picture intense subreddits with mouse wheel scrolling
• Dark and light themes
• Custom signatures
• Multiple account support
• Search capabilities
• User profile viewer
• Made the app's window controls seamless
• Improved loading screen at startup
• Downloading Images option now works
Most Helpful Reviews
Wow - Wow guys, impressive! Job well done this app is fantastic.
Blank - Doesn't work. Don't bother. I'm coming up with an empty window and nothing else.
More Reviews for Current Version
its so close to awesome - there is a link that appears to be new where links in a new window can’t be closed without quiting the app. However, even though this is a massive bug and makes the app unuseable for many it is beautifully made. It’s design is exceptonal, it makes viewing reddit so much easier. When the sort out that bug it will be a great app, just hope its soon.
Ricarddo - This is a great App, its beautifully designed. However I’ve been using it for 15 minutes and encountered an important bug. When opening a GIF, it creates a window above the app that CANNOT be closed without shutting the app down. when this bug is fixed I will gladdly bump to 5 stars!
Needs alot of work - Visually the app is gorgeous, then you click on a post which reinserts the reditr splash screen and a seperate window that cannot be removed without closing the app. If the janky issues were fixed this app would be outstanding.
Makes me sad - It could be a good reader if it weren’t for the random behavior that requires killing the program to get rid of windows. I’m not sure how but I end up with a floating window that I can’t figure out how to close without killing the app. It would also be nice if closing the window didn’t completely kill the app. Makes me wish Alien Blue would get their act together and release an OSX client already.
Great idea, terrible performance - I had to restart this app several times after running into bugs like the columns not loading, the column menu not appearing when clicking on the icon, and general poor performance. It is much easier to just use the site. I’ll check in again after this app has had the opportunity to mature a bit.