Developer: Tim Schroder
Current Version: 1.0.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 506.5 KB - Download
Recent Redux is a tool keeping track of files and folders which have been recently used on your computer. It is updated live and allows for direct access to these files and folders. If you want, you can also define filters to show you just those files you need.
Recent Redux has a small memory and CPU footprint, is an indispensable little helper tool and it finds recent files and folders even if it wasn't running when they were accessed. Do you want to avoid clicking around in Finder for that file you had just opened but which is buried somewhere in your folder structure? Get Recent Redux, and find it in an instant!
• The main window shows the live updated list of recently accessed files with file name, type, date and time.
• Consult the tooltip for additional information about file path and file size.
• Use the filter bar to quickly narrow down the list of recent files. Modify and sort the filter bar as you like it.
• Share recent files by using your default email client.
• Choose for how many hours (or days) Recent Redux should monitor recently accessed files.
• Decide whether to only show files accessed by the user or all accessed files and whether to cover only user folders or all folders.
• Too many recent files? Use the pre-defined filters for documents, PDF files, media files, images, folders and applications.
• Still too many recent files? No problem, just create your own custom filter and let Recent Redux only show what you‘re interested in.
• If you like to, make Recent Redux to always stay in front of all other windows on your screen.
• Use the built-in system-wide hotkey to activate Recent Redux, no matter which other applications may be active.
• Even easier to find: Open the Dock Menu for lightning-fast access to the ten most recent files.
• Right in the context menu: preview, open, copy and share files, copy their file paths and show them in Finder.
• Recent Redux supports drag and drop for easily putting your recent files where you want them to be.
Recent Redux cannot at the moment monitor files which are low-level accessed by applications, files which are stored inside databases and it also cannot monitor applications running from the Menu Bar. There may be rare issues with custom filters for certain file types. Moreover, Recent Redux doesn’t monitor files stored in network or cloud locations. Please visit the Recent Redux website for more information.
If you need help, experience trouble or have feature requests please contact the developer at [email protected] or visit the support pages at http://www.timschroeder.net/support.
Bug fixes: Files with future dates won't be shown anymore; Recent Redux app won't be shown anymore.
Most Helpful Reviews
first review. - Ok the app is simple enough, it is a fancy 'recent items' list but you can sort it by the preset or make your own. for me I wanted to see recent HTML and CSS files I have had open. boom. done. Worth the money as it speeds up me going back and forth between folders in the finder, much more efficiently...
More Reviews for Current Version
Not quite useful enough - This review is for both Recent Redux and Recent Menu, two apps from the same developer that functionally are quite similar, but offer different user interface experiences. I downloaded both apps as freebies (YMMV), and tried them out simultaneously under Mountain Lion. After using both apps for a couple of days, I concluded that, even though they performed as advertised, they did not enhance my user experience beyond the functionality already built into OS X. One or both of these apps may be exactly what YOU need, but they didn't do anything for me, and that's why I'm giving them a lukewarm review.
simple - This app is nice. i wanted to know apps that were two days ago and got that as soon as i installed it. Great work and it's free too
Occasionally crashes on Yosemite - Developer doesn’t respond to email.