Developer: Laurent Etiemble
Current Version: 3.4.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 7.2 MB - Download
Receigen is a smart code generator for App Store receipt validation (both receipt and InApp purchase). The generated code is ready-to-integrate, pure C, fully debuggable and integrates various protection mechanisms to harden the reverse engineering. It also nicely integrates with Xcode for a streamlined build process.
Here are the key points:
- Receigen can generate receipt validation code for OS X and iOS platforms.
- Receigen features a fast and smart code generator; every time the code is generated, it is different in order to defeat binary pattern detection.
- The generated code allows to access all the receipt properties.
- The generated code is compatible with ARC (Automatic Reference Counting).
- The binary code produced is obfuscated by integrating various mechanisms like string and constant obfuscation, non-predictable branching, non-explicit function calls, dead-code, etc.
- Receigen can also be invoked on the command line so it integrates inside a Xcode build process.
Check out the Receigen website for documentation, tutorial and support.
If you want to provide translations for Receigen, please contact me.
In this release:
- [Code] Remove the infamous DEBUG definition
- [Code] Fix date parsing to avoid shifted date
- [Code] Use C99 varadic macros instead of GNU ones
- [Code] Goodbye to ASCII art
- [Code] Add a check on expiration date to support Volume Purchase Program
- [Code] Add ability to have a loose identifier check
- [Code] Add ability to make entitlement check optional
- [Code] Add logs to exit points
- [UI] Default failure behavior for iOS is now DoNothing.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent - Worked flawlessly. Saved me hours of work. Developer was very responsive about my questions. Documentation/video was very good.
Generated Code Outdated - It seems the generated code is outdated and causes compiler errors with the latest version of OpenSSL (1.1). I would love to give this app 5 stars, but I cannot. I sent the the developer a couple of e-mails, no response yet. If the app isn’t current, I’ll be seeking a refund because I do not want to embed an old version of OpenSSL in my app. I also don’t feel I should be editing generated code. I hate leavng negative reviews. If the developer handles customer support properly, I will revise this review.
More Reviews for Current Version
Starting with Xcode 7 Apple has removed openssl. This caused Receigen to stop working. You can get your project to build by replacing all 222 instances of #import
Works well with Xcode 7 - The application has not been updated for a long time, and the negative review below further increased my doubt whether I should buy this incredibly useful tool. But yesterday I did anyway, because I realized that that negative review is actually the result of a user error. And indeed it is. The tool works just fine on Xcode 7.1 on El Capitan. There’s no need to replace any imports at all. Just configure your project right regarding the include files. I would have given it 5 stars if it had not been for the lack of updates. I obviously wouldn’t be too happy if, say, 4.0 comes out tomorrow, but then again I believe it would be wise for the developer to continue to add more obfuscation to the output, as well as finding a way to obfuscate the openssl source itself.
Awesome - This guy is simply awesome. Responds to my lame emails about OpenSSL updates ;)
Does the job, but steer clear on Snow Leopard! - This app is a huge time-saver and works great, except on Snow Leopard. SL support has been broken for over a year now, and the developer doesn’t seem inclined to fix it despite providing him with a workaround. This has lost me a bunch of customers and caused a lot of unnecessary aggravation. Customers downloading your app with the validation code included will see the dreaded “damaged app” warning, with a note to redownload from the App Store. This doesn’t work, and customers will email and complain. The problem is not the app package itself, but the broken validation. Please fix!
Handy utility that does what it says - Love the app. Helps me generate usable code for validating in-app purchase receipts directly on device. Thanks for creating this.