Current Version: 5.3.5
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Download Size: 11 MB - Download
RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories,
- Support for all common and custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This update contains a new switch in the app's preferences to turn off the append feature for users that prefer to only manually append tracks via drag 'n' drop, improved baseboard tools, bug fixes and stability improvements.
Most Helpful Reviews
A must for any Mac based train modeler! - There are only a few model train software programs for the Mac system and after reading the available reviews I chose this as the best fit for my skills. I LOVE this app !! Easy and intuitive to use (click and drag) with a vast library of manufacturers’ products and specs to work with, it’s a lot of fun putting my imagination to work and seeing it come together in real time. And when I get stuck, there is a feature that let’s the program solve gaps for me using various track pieces from the library! I’ve learned how to use layers to add basic shapes representing houses, factories, etc. I’m still learning the capabilities but I wholeheartedly endorse this !! Well worth the cost ! and with continuous upgrades and improvements, it just gets better all the time! Mike McGuire Avon, NC
Still Waiting - I can’t even get this to download!
More Reviews for Current Version
Game-changing - Easy (in most respects). Fast. The Group/Ugroup feature saves a lot of time. It’s also excellent for moving track around to try out what-if changes. One complaint: the feature to add more pieces of whatever was the last thing you selected from the parts library should have a toggle-off option rather than being always on. As another reviewer noted, there is not much else availble for the Mac. RailModeller Pro works very well in the Mac version. This software made me a planner. The layout I am building now is far better than I could have done without this software.