Current Version: 5.3.9
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 11.3 MB - Download
RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories,
- Support for all common and custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This update contains important bug fixes and improved compatibility with the macOS High Sierra beta.
• Layout images can be shared to your Twitter, Facebook or Flickr account with a single click directly from within the app.
• New inspectors enable the precise editing of image position and dimensions.
• The Welcome window has been redesigned for better usability and now includes a handy link to what's new in the app.
• There are now 5 great sample layouts bundled with the app demonstrating various abilities.
As always more details on the latest update are provided on our news section at http://www.railmodeller.com/news-en.html
Most Helpful Reviews
A must for any Mac based train modeler! - There are only a few model train software programs for the Mac system and after reading the available reviews I chose this as the best fit for my skills. I LOVE this app !! Easy and intuitive to use (click and drag) with a vast library of manufacturers’ products and specs to work with, it’s a lot of fun putting my imagination to work and seeing it come together in real time. And when I get stuck, there is a feature that let’s the program solve gaps for me using various track pieces from the library! I’ve learned how to use layers to add basic shapes representing houses, factories, etc. I’m still learning the capabilities but I wholeheartedly endorse this !! Well worth the cost ! and with continuous upgrades and improvements, it just gets better all the time! Mike McGuire Avon, NC
Still Waiting - I can’t even get this to download!
More Reviews for Current Version
Great design aid - Getting ready to pull my childhood post-war Lionels out of storage for my second childhood ie retirement. Obviously this app is a tremendous upgrade from the old pencil and paper method of design, especially given all the new track systems that have curves of many different diameters. Only been using it a few days but overall it works very well. Relatively easy to choose your preferred brand of track and design a layout. Some things are not totaly intuitive at first but the more I use it the more comfortable I am with how it works. Took off a star because it is relatively expensive but I would add back half a star if I could based upon an experience with customer support: after OS update I had a problem with the app triggering an anti-virus alert and subsequently failing to launch. Contacted support via the website late one afternoon and a solution was waiting in my inbox early the next morning. Cudos! It would be nice if all developers were that responsive. I wish there were a way to generate grades both up and down from a zero elevation. Have been able to work around this with the use of layers but that seems sort of cumbersome. As someone else said, a Save As option in the File menu would be nice to have. And while the Close a Gap feature works well with some track systems like Atlas O which has half curves and various short straight sections, it does not work well at all with Gargraves which has longer curved sections and only a few straight lengths. The latter requires extensive use of the “saw” tool which works but it is very tedious to get a “cut” section the correct length to join within tolerance. A "cut-to-fit" tool would help.