Developer: Quicken Inc.
Current Version: 4.4.3
Last Updated: 15 days ago
Download Size: 31.3 MB - Download
Quicken® for Mac 2017 helps you plan for today and tomorrow. Stay on top of spending by importing transactions from multiple financial institutions and categorizing them all in one place, create a budget that keeps you on track today and manage investments for the future. Now with more powerful mobile app for 2017.
• Import all your bank transactions safely and automatically.1
- No need to jot it all down or save receipts.
- Includes transactions from your checking, credit card, loan, investment and retirement accounts.1
• Categorize all your transactions so you can see where your money is going.
- Know how much you’re spending without jumping from website to website to add it all up.1
• Stay on top of your spending.
- Create a budget based on your past spending, with the flexibility to adjust goals month-by-month.
- See how much you’ll have left to spend after your bills are paid.
- Set reminders for your bills and pay them directly from Quicken, too.3
• Maximize your investments
- See how your investments are performing relative to the market for more informed buy/sell decisions.
- See realized and unrealized gains and continually updated quotes.
- Make tax time easier by tracking your deductions and creating reports.
• Manage your money whenever, wherever with our mobile app.2
- Our mobile app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android
- Check your budget, account balances and investments
• Be confident your information is secure.
- We make sure your information is unreadable as it’s imported.1
- We protect your financial information using robust 128-bit and 256-bit encryption.
• Count on us every step of the way.
- Whether it’s getting started, upgrading or using new features, we’re here to help.
- Free phone support available Monday to Friday 5am to 5pm PST or reach us on-line via our 24-hour live chat support.
IMPORT DATA FROM SOME PREVIOUS QUICKEN VERSIONS
Easily import data from Quicken 2007, and Quicken for Mac 2015 & 2016, and Quicken Windows 2010 or newer versions.
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit page www.quicken.com/privacy
By downloading this product, you acknowledge you’ve read and agree to Quicken End User License Agreement and Quicken’s discontinuation policy accessible on this page.
1 Credit score report and monitoring alerts (Quicken for Windows) and data download from participating financial institutions or other parties are available until April 2020; customer phone support, online features and services vary, require Internet access and/or may be subject to change, application approval, fees, additional terms and conditions. 15,000+ participating financial institutions as of 10/1/2016.
2 Standard message and data rates may apply for sync, e-mail and text alerts. Visit www.quicken.com/go/apps for details. Quicken app (“App”) is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones and tablets. Not all Quicken desktop features are available in the App. The App is a companion app and will work only with Quicken 2014 and above desktop products. Earlier versions of the App prior to Quicken 2014 will not work with Quicken 2015 through 2017 desktop products.
3 Paying bills with Quicken is available only if you have Quicken Bill Pay (Bill Payment Services provided by Metavante Payment Services, LLC) or if your bank allows you to access their bill pay product through Quicken. Application approval, fees, and additional terms and conditions may apply.
* Limited-time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken for Mac 2017 by January 10, 2017. Offer listed above cannot be combined with any other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, offers, and service options subject to change without notice.
Without this update, connected services (such as transaction download) could stop working. Upgrade now!
• FIXED: Quicken Mac needs to be upgraded to fix a transaction download issue that could cause Quicken to stop responding. Please upgrade now!
• FIXED: Fixed a bug where bond interest income transactions were inadvertently deleted. This broke in 4.4.0 when Quicken started merging dividend and buy transactions into a single reinvested dividend. To fix, manually add these transactions back.
• FIXED: Fixed a bug where changing the description or address of an online bill pay payee with an "&" in the name could cause the payment to be silently rejected.
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally, a good money manager for the Mac - I have been using iBank for years. It's OK but investment management is wanting. Been waiting on Quicken to get their act together. They finally have. Quicken for Mac 2017 should meet the needs of 99% of the people. Imported my iBank QIF file, no problems. Investment management is solid. Transactions are intuitive. There is a lot of flexibility in the transactions and views. But I will point out three things . . . 1) Balancing (reconciliation) is a running total, not done and saved by statement. I am fine with that, others may not be. 2) While it lets you schedule bills for all accounts, if you schedule a bill to be paid from a brokerage account (which it will let you do - everyone has the all-in-one brokerage accounts these days) the bill cannot be shown in the bill list (brokerage accocunts are not included in All Accounts??). So all your scheduled payments cannot be seen in one list, such an obvious flaw. 3) It does multiple currency support by account. You cannot specify the currency by transaction. But even with those “flaws” I cannot dock it a star, it is a very good personal finance app for the Mac.
Still Bad, After All These Years... - I was a committed Quicken user 10+ years ago when I was on Windows. Quicken for Mac was so bad back then that, after converting to Mac, I eventually learned to let go of my historic data and go on without it. I figured that now might be a good time to give Quicken for Mac another go as it’s been a long time, they claim to have worked really hard on this version and I would be starting with a blank page. I was wrong. It does not sync directly with my bank; the same bank that used to sync with my old Windows version over a decade ago. I have to download those transactions manually and, of course, bill pay is a non-starter. It cannot set up an amortized loan (another feature available forever in the Windows version) which means that I have to edit scheduled mortgage and car loan payments each month to adjust the principle and interest amounts. This bleeds into the budget feature, in that the budget becomes increasingly inaccurate each month as the principle amount grows and the interest amount shrinks. Compounding this, the app offsets the credit in the loan accounts against the payment from checking - zeroing out the transaction and rendering the budget useless. In summary, it’s bad at syncing with banks, bad at setting up loans, bad at handling transactions and bad at budgeting. These are the only features I use. Stay away.
More Reviews for Current Version
Don’t purchase Quicken 2017 for Mac - I should have taken all the reviews to heart. This is a terrible piece of software. It’s not intuitive in the least and rife with errors when importing CSV files. If you insist on spending the money, save yourself the frustration of actually trying to use the product by throwing the USD79.99 plus tax directly in the trash. You’ll feel better for it.
it was good - This was the best money apps ever now will it. After losing my data twice i just DELETE IT.
Useless waste of money - I purchased this product having used Quicken for windows for years. The product doesn’t let me update share quotes manually. I am in New Zealand and don’t want the US automatic updates. The end result is that I spent a lot of time manually movingly data across, but the product lacks basic intuitive functionality in the investment sphere.
Quicken 2017 - I have been using Quicken for about 20 years almost exclusively on a Windows machine. Once I got a Mac it took me a bit of time to get used to the way the Mac version works. It is not perfect, but it works very well. The Quicken 2017 app for my iPhone syncs up perfectly with my desktop which makes it easy to keep Quicken 2017 for Mac updated when I am on the road. I highly recommend this app for keeping track of your finances.
DON’T PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT - I too have used Quicken for years and Quicken for Mac since 2009. I just wasted $75 on an inferior “upgrade" that can’t even make transfers between accounts of two different currencies. Don’t be fooled by the facelift…ie improved user interface as the functionalities of Quicken for Mac 2017 are far less than the Windows version or older versions of Quicken. The new owners of Quicken seem unapologetically unconcerned that Quicken for Mac 2017 has only the same features as many FREE apps you can download on your phone. This is the fist negative review I have ever written, but the sheer awefulness of the product deserves to be known. Beware of purchasing this product if you want to do more than just balance a simple bank account.