Current Version: 2.7.3
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 2.6 MB - Download
Make time tracking less time consuming with Punch In, a simple and efficient worktimer made to help you keep track of your work. Syncs across multiple Macs, shows your projects in detail, a menubar for easy access, running indicator on the dock icon, plus more! Made primary towards freelancers, Punch In runs smoothly in the background while you focus on what you do best.
Punch In features at a glance:
• Easily keep your database in sync across your Macs using dropbox.
• Backup all your data effortlessly; Restore anytime in a breeze.
• Export your projects’ data to Excel, Numbers or similar software to create invoices.
• Ability to edit, add or remove time for a project.
• Ability to change start date for a project.
• Left it running? Punch In will notify you once you wake up your Mac.
• Keep track of your projects in detail by using the session log to display their history.
• Add a note to label each session for a project.
• Menubar icon for easy access to start/stop and a glance at your projects.
• Search projects, clients or archive.
• Select multiple projects for a swift overview.
• A font bug surfaced and made Punch In tricky to use for some users. It should no longer be an inconvenience for you. Thank you for your patience.
• We added some tooltips here and there to help you get back on track in case you get lost.
• You can now change the start date for your project. Yes, we know, it's been long overdue. High fives!
• The header now also displays ’project - client - time’. Click it once, twice, thrice and baam, there it is!
• More space made things even more attractive.
• Fixed: Not sure why anyone would want to, but we took the opportunity to fix a bug that crashed the app when trying to delete a running session.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great work App! - I really enjoy using this app. I'm an Independent Contractor and this helps me keep track of the time I spend on certain jobs. It would be really great if I was able to email my time sheet, progress, notes to my clients so that they are up to date on my progress as well. Will you please add this option or let me know how to email strait from this app? Thanks. Again great App!
Avoid this software - I strongly recommend against purchasing this software if you intend to use the export functionality, or expect quality software. I emailed them 8 months ago, due to their tendency to frequenctly change the export format, asking them to please keep it stable. They responded with an apology. Since then, the format has changed numerous times to zero benefit. Certain fields will move around, delimiters will change, etc. Since I was trying to parse their export format to add a feature they seem unable to (a simple total hours worked per week export), constant changing makes it impossible. Finally, with this latest version, they have broken the export functionality, as the data exported does not match the data shown in the display. I will have to find and purchase other software to fit my goals.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great - This really helps me keep track of time spent on multiple projects. I would give it 5 stars if: 1) Dropdown menu for each project to set the status to In Progress, Billed, or Paid 2) Color-code the project rows depending on the status of the project. Otherwise, love this.
Love this app! One issue with latest update. - I have been using this app for a few years and really love it. The feature I REALLY like is the little menu bar icon that you can use to switch projects. I switch back and forth constantly all day so this feature is SO useful. ONE COMPLAINT: I just updated to the latest version and that little menu bar icon, which used to have a red and green dot which showed you if the timer was running or stopped, no longer has those red & green dots! PLEASE add this feature back in!!!! If you put that feature back in it is a 5-star app for sure!