Producing Bass Lines
Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Download Size: 559.9 MB - Download
Watch innovative producer Eyal Amir as he takes us behind the scenes with an inside look at producing bass lines in his groundbreaking series, Outside The Box...
When the bass part catches the groove, it's common knowledge that the whole production achieves a higher level of sonic perfection. You know what I'm talking about, right? Think Steely Dan, Michael Jackson, Dream Theater... It's when the drums and bass lock in and create a solid foundation to support and propel all the other tracks! But how is that accomplished? What are the secret ingredients? Until now, no one has attempted to explain just how that magic is created. Enter macProVideo's Eyal Amir (of R&L fame) to take you on a journey to the bottom of the tracks where he demystifies the powerful world of the bass.
Eyal goes deep to teach us the very essence of composing and performing bass lines! In this real-world video documentary, he has assembled an awesome group of talented musicians who demonstrate in actual recording studio situations, how he thinks about, composes and records the bass.
You'll learn the deep secrets of groove. You'll see how what you don't play is almost as important as the notes themselves. You'll understand the intimate relationship between the bass and the drums and how they dance together to form the structural foundation of any production.
Finally you'll get musical insights from the very talented and knowledgable Eyal who, in his personal way and with his award-winning smile, generously shares the knowledge he has gained from working with the best musicians in the world. And keep your eyes open for a cameo appearance by keyboardist extraordinaire Jordan Rudess!
Table of contents:
2. Basic Groove Concepts
3. Expressing the Backbeat
4. Expressing the Groove
5. Syncopation in the Bass - Part 1
6. Syncopation in the Bass - Part 2
7. Connecting Notes in Bass Lines
8. Expanding the Bass Line
9. Playing in Unison with the Vocal
10. Phrasing when Playing Unison
11. Playing Around Unison Line
12. Odd Time Signatures
13. Grooving in Odd Time Signatures
14. Variations in the Bass Line
15. Doubling with a Synth Bass
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.