Developer: Digital Heaven Ltd
Current Version: 2.2.1
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 3.1 MB - Download
Pro Player is a professional QuickTime player for video content creators and motion graphics designers. With its beautifully designed monochromatic interface, Pro Player provides a fast, elegant and streamlined way to review or present your content.
Watch the video:
• Clean and simple single-window interface.
• Large time display (timecode, absolute time or frames).
• Time Selection - Set in and out times for a custom playback range.
• Alpha Controls - View alpha channel as white on black, change viewer background to checkerboard pattern and interpret file as premultiplied or straight.
• Track Listing - View a list of video, audio and timecode tracks in the current file with the ability to mute and solo individual audio tracks.
• Favourite Folders - Add frequently used folders for direct access to media files within Pro Player.
• Desktop - Allows freeform organization of files with interactive thumbnails.
• No playback control overlays - see an unobstructed view of your video at all times.
• JKL keyboard control.
• Shuttle and jog by dragging on viewer.
• Visual display of current shuttle speed.
• Jump back/forward command with selectable times in preferences.
• Single-key full screen mode.
• Audio volume and mute.
• Reveal current file in Finder.
• Visual recent files display with interactive thumbnails.
• Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts.
- Pro Player is designed for playback of .mov, .mp4 and audio files. It does not support playback of MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 files. XAVC S codec is not supported due to limitations with QuickTime.
- Pro Player will open MXF files (including XAVC) if the Pro Video Formats update is installed (requires purchase of Final Cut Pro, Motion or Compressor).
- Avid DNxHR codec does not decode alpha channels correctly. This affects display in the Player and thumbnails in the Browser. Avid are aware of the bug.
- If Pro Player is crashing on opening of a movie, it is likely that you have an old QuickTime codec on your system that needs updating. See this support article from Boinx Software for details http://www.boinx.com/knowledge/istopmotion/general/WS03147
- Critical fix for app hanging at launch if there are more than 10 recent files.
Most Helpful Reviews
Simple, but excellent! - The simple elegance and functionality of this app is outstanding for managing all of your clips with everything you need displayed clearly. I really like the ability to have forward and backward individual frame control since I'm always looking for sources of flicker on bad frames. It makes every clip look great as well by giving it a high tech frame. Nice job…..
This is wasn’t what I thought it was - just bought this app. Thought there was an export videos and that you could do minor changes…not what I needed. Please refund my money
More Reviews for Current Version
Poor - Keeps crashing despite codec “fix"