Prizmo 3 - Scanning, OCR & Speech
Developer: Creaceed SPRL
Current Version: 3.1.18
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 31.9 MB - Download
Prizmo 3 is a scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 40 languages with powerful editing capability, text-to-speech, and iCloud support.
No matter what capture device's at hand, Prizmo is the key for scanning and performing OCR. It works with pictures taken with your iPhone, iPad, or digital camera, with documents coming from connected or Wi-Fi scanners, even with screenshots! It will help you easily scan any documents (invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...) of any sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom)...
"My results were great, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like, and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
New OS X Yosemite Features
• Revamped user interface taking advantage of Yosemite's translucency and vibrancy
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• 2 extensions available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Support for third-party exports
• Specific Processing for Business Cards, Multipage Texts and Images
• Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
• Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs...), camera tethering, connected and Wi-fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
• State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in 40 Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
• Detection of 3 Types of Regions: texts, images and numbers
• OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
• Automatic Frame Detection: lay the page, snap it, and let Prizmo handle the cropping
• Automatic Text Orientation Detection
• Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
• Non-linear Lens Distortion Correction
• Page Curvature Correction for Books and Magazines
• Real-time OCR Results: moving/resizing region frames immediately updates text results
• Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
• Output Formats: image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), and text files (PDF with Spotlight-searchable text, RTF, TXT) - even multipage!
• Prizmo Document Sharing across Macs through iCloud (native documents only)
• Export to the Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and WebDAV Online Services
• Online Translation into 41 Languages
• Accessibility Feedback for the OCR Processing (blank, blurry image, etc.)
• Text-to-Speech for Reading Scanned Texts: over 70 high-quality voices in 26 languages with navigation settings and interactive reading progress display (available for free in OS X Preferences)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Recognize Text
• Handoff support
• Enhanced for the Retina Display.
Prizmo 3 - Pro Pack
If you process many text documents, you’ll be interested in the Pro Pack. It is available as in-app purchase, and includes the following additional features:
• Batch Document Processing
• Automator Action for automatically performing OCR as a workflow action or smart folder
• Custom Export Scripts for integrating Prizmo in enterprise workflows using custom Unix scripts and AppleScripts.
If you need fast friendly help, or if you want to send your feedback, contact us at [email protected]
Fixed a bug that could prevent to launch the application or the Automator action on OS X Yosemite.
Most Helpful Reviews
Best OCR Program for Mac That I've Ever Used - Because I need to constantly scan and OCR a variety of written materials, I've been working with OCR programs on the Mac from the moment they first appeared. (My first Mac was the MacPlus.) Some of these were sufficient for the task, but none did what they did without causing frustration and sometimes outright anger. Early on there was WordScan, then OmniPage Pro, and more recently, ReadIris Pro, and ABBYY FineReader, all of which I have owned and used, and each of which caused problems unique unto themselves. Prizmo 2 isn't perfect, but I know from the sense of amazement and relief I feel whenever I use it, that I have my foot, at least, in the Promised Land. It deals with difficult jobs (scans of antique books), quirky fonts, and multiple columns with ease. There are problems: it is hit or miss with fractions (the other programs, however, were all miss), it combines words rightly separated by hyphens when these fall at the end of a line (as in finemesh strainer), and there is the occasional loose screw (failing to recognize a quite ordinary word). On the other hand, I recently scanned a text with "Wurstsalat" and "Fleishsalat" and it didn't even blink. To sum up: this program is not does what it is supposed to without struggle, but it eases the soul. Highly recommended. (And take in consideration that this is the first software review I've ever written in over twenty-five years as an active Mac user.)
DO NOT BUY THIS!!! - This overpriced app can not hadle a larger PDF file. It occupys all your system resources and shuts down your system constantly. In the end it delivers a very very slow, and inaccurate OCR. When it has finally finished, the export function is not executing properly. It has wasted three days of my life since my computer can’t do anything when the OCR is running. This app is absolutely horrible.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good for JPGs etc, NO (simple) PDF SUPPPORT! - Following the review below I was contacted by support. So there's a way to OCR PDFs; you have to launch the app, close the open file window, create a new document then import the PDF. I'm not sure why you can't just open PDF files like it allows for image files but apparently a baked in workaround is as good as it's going to get. So yes, techincally you can OCR a PDF file with Prizmo... what you can't do is OCR a PDF easily. Add to that you have to pay again for the "pro" features like automator and batch processing I'll continue to use Adobe's Acrobat DC from my CC subscription. It's just easier... Yeah, let that settle in for a moment, an Adobe product is easier to work with... yikes. -------- Previous Review ---------- So this app mostly does what it says it does. It's a powerful version of the iOS app for sure. It will export a file it's scanned as a PDF but if you have a PDF in need of OCR, go elsewhere. It is amazingly lame that you can't scan a PDF in this app.
Good for JPGs etc, NO PDF SUPPPORT! - So this app mostly does what it says it does. It's a powerful version of the iOS app for sure. It will export a file it's scanned as a PDF but if you have a PDF in need of OCR, go elsewhere. It is amazingly lame that you can't scan a PDF in this app.
it is not working - it crash’s all the time