PowerEncoding is an easy and powerful tool for converting files' encoding and line endings.
*Notice*: PowerEncoding only supports text-based files, for example: .txt, .xml and .cpp and etc. Rich Text Format file can not be converted, such as .doc, .docx, .rtf.
- Batch convert files' encoding and line endings
- Auto detect file's encoding and line endings
- Preview file's content with selected encoding
- Drag and drop support, easy to add files
- Apple Script
- One-click revert file's content
- Open file with specified application
- File convert status with color indicator (Yellow for files will be converted, Red for files with wrong Current Encoding)
- Bottom status display how many files added and how many files will be converted
Apple Script Example:
tell application "PowerEncoding"
add files from POSIX file "/Users/ohdarling/Downloads/ToBeConvert" target encoding "Unicode (UTF-8)"
Target Line Endings options: Windows, Unix, Classic
Any question or suggestions just email to [email protected]
Add Apple Script support, now you can process your files with script.
For script example please check description above.
Most Helpful Reviews
Does what it says and really fast! - App does what it says and really fast! Saved me a ton of time when having to correct inconsistent line endings on 1000+ files.
More Reviews for Current Version
Awesome! - Works great for me to iron out encoding and line ending differences before using a merge tool. Its nice to see problem files at a glance.
this application saves me tons of time - I can now do Applescript to do the work so converting the 1 million files I have a week. The Developer is so nice I asked if he could add this feature and he added it in a very short time. This saving me from doing this manually each week. This is a must app if you need to convert files. Thanks