Polarr Photo Editor
Developer: Polarr, Inc.
Current Version: 4.0.0
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 45.8 MB - Download
Used by the world's most professional portrait and landscape photographers, Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit every detail of your photo.
• Face detection and advanced face editing panel
• Adjust skin tones, face width, nose height, eye sizes, etc.
• Liquify, clone and healing tools
• Advanced text tool with shapes, ornaments, and multiple blend modes
• Complete set of color, radial and gradient masking and brushing tools
• Multiple local adjustments and layers
• Batch export, copy and paste adjustments
• Beta support for RAW formats
• Edit and upload your own watermark
• Over 100 high-quality filters for different scenes and settings
• Create, customize, and share your own filters
• Sync filters across devices
• At 50MB, Polarr is the smallest and yet most powerful photo editor for macOS
• Exceptional memory/CPU management and low power consumption
• Customizable UI color theme and workspace
• Drop images directly into the app from other apps
• Designed for mouse, keyboard and touch
• Proprietary control slider for speed and precision
• Interactive in-app guide to photo editing
• Expandable and collapsible workspace
• Responsive window re-sizing to fit your screen
• Keyboard shortcuts for common actions
• Color: Temperature, Tint, Vibrance, Saturation
• Light: Dehaze, Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks, Diffuse
• Detail: Clarity, Sharpen, Denoise (Color and Luminance)
• Vignette: Amount, Highlights, Roundness
• Lens: Distortion, Horizontal and Vertical Perspective
• Effect: Fringing, Pixelate, Noise Amount and Size
• HSL: Hue, Saturation, Luminance for eight color channels
• Curves: Master, Blue, Red, Green channels
• Toning: Highlight and Shadow tone, Tone balancing
• Local adjustments: Gradient, Radial, Color, Brush
• Text: Layer, Blend, Shapes and Ornaments
• Liquify: Wrap, Pinch, Bulge, Erase
• Multiple circular and gradient local adjustments
• Multiple brush and color masking adjustments
• Multiple clone and heal adjustments
• Adjusting basic color, highlights/shadows, clarity in local adjustments
• Additional local tools: Lens blur, feathering, invert
Cropping and Tilting
• Precise tilting with automatic zooming to fill the frame
• Horizontal and vertical mirroring and rotations
• Infinite undo and redo on your photos
• Easy navigations to jump to any point in previous edits
• Persist editing histories across different editing sessions
Visit our website https://www.polarr.co to see all our great products.
Email [email protected] for any questions.
Our latest (and greatest release) introduces a handful of new features and revamps existing ones. New in Polarr is a Spot removal tool and Liquify tool. The Face tool has been revamped to auto-detect multiple faces and adds a bunch of new tools for your to edit faces. Our Color mask has been reworked to be more powerful than ever. Now it's easy to select an exact color or range of color for creating local adjustments.
Other changes include new icon designs, redesigned UI for the Curve tool, massive improvements to all of our filters, and a redesigned Filter panel.
Most Helpful Reviews
Very impressive - I have to say that this is one of the most impressive photo editing tools for the Mac that I’ve come across. Seriously good job with the coding. I have one feature request - A Photo extension with all the capabilities of the standalone app - I would pay for this. What’s also incredibly impressive is the gradient filters - well done! And if you buy their iOS app (well worth it) they have the gradient tool there as well. I’ve been searching for this single capability for a long time. The number of times all you want to do is darken the sky a little as it’s over exposed and there’s nothing out there on iOS that will do it. Well now there is. Well done! Exceptional programming. Well that didn’t take long - just installed the update with the Photo’s extension and it’s perfect. Click, edit, save and you’re done. Again - incredibly impressive - thank you!.
Crap - It doesn’t even import your photo based on the order the photo was taken, or by the file name. Pretty crappy software.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great at this price point - I’m able to do a lot of nice photo editing/enhancing, which is all I really need for my hobby; so at aroung $20 it’s much more sensible for me than shelling out for Photoshop or Lightbox. Serious pros and such will likely need more, but most of us probably don’t.
Powerful tools with a clean interface - I had used Lightroom for many years but didn’t want to go to a subscription model. I downloaded trial versions of other products (Affinity Photo, Luminar Neptune) and while they are great products, they didn’t integrate as well with Apple Photo’s for me. Polarr has everything I need, and the interface is clean and fast. It integrates seamlessly with Apple Photo’s as an extension. The editing tools work intuitively, and there are built in tutorials for tools I was unfamiliar with. I found the distortion tool particuarly powerful to fix vertical and horizontal distortion in my pics. This is a terrific app at a great price. If you use Apple Photos as your main photo’s app, this is Highly recommended to add additional tools when you need them.